Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Re: Non-Texas hold\'em games

I play low-limit O/8 at Party/skins to clear bonuses. I usually 3-table, which gives me 100-120 raked hands per hour. O/8 is basically a pre-flop game, so you don't have to concentrate as much on post-flop play. Once you learn low limit O/8, it is pretty much auto-pilot. I just cleared the Empire reload pretty quickly (probably 8-10 hours for a $100 bonus), and also won 110BB on the 1000 raked hands.

I've found I can't get results this good at Paradise or Stars because of the limited availability of games, tighter players, and slower games.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:25 PM

definetly. stud is a great way to clear those bonuses that need your $ in the pot
Old 08-31-2005, 02:40 PM

I am not so concerned about party/skins. The hold'em games are soft enough there that it doesn't matter to me what I play.

However, at the rock gardens such as UB, are the other games softer than the hold'em games? Or do the tight hold'em sites translate into tight everywhere?

On UB, I'd be looking to play either O8/b or perhaps Triple Draw 2-7. Are those games softer than the hold'em games at the 1/2 level?
Old 08-31-2005, 09:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On UB, I'd be looking to play either O8/b or perhaps Triple Draw 2-7. Are those games softer than the hold'em games at the 1/2 level?

[/ QUOTE ]

1/2 TD is extremely soft when no one from the Other Poker crowd is on there, and we're usually easy to identify. It's also the limit that runs the most, and if there isn't a table running it's usually pretty easy to start one. People who don't realize it's lowball/straights and flushes are bad are fairly common.

I have no clue how 1/2 holdem at UB plays, though, but I'm pretty sure nearly everyone is familiar with the rules.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:28 PM

Thanks, timprov. I will have to try out the 1/2 TDL games at UB. I am a reletive novice at it, other than reading and re-reading the Super System 2 section, and playing about 200 hands of the play chip games. However, even being a novice, I may have more of an edge against the field than the hold'em field.
Old 08-31-2005, 10:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks, timprov. I will have to try out the 1/2 TDL games at UB. I am a reletive novice at it, other than reading and re-reading the Super System 2 section, and playing about 200 hands of the play chip games. However, even being a novice, I may have more of an edge against the field than the hold'em field.

[/ QUOTE ]

Read through the Other Poker archives, and you'll be very close to as much of an expert as anyone is.