Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2004, 03:31 AM

Default Humanly possible to get away from this?

Ok....$5.50 Stars sng. 6th hand...no major action so far.

Dealt KK in sb...4 callers to the button who raises to 100...i make it 300 to go. Big blind folds and the cutoff goes all in for 1020 more...folds around to me...!?!? I mean...would he limp reraise all in on any other hand but aces? There was a raise and then a reraise and then he goes all in...i think it is pretty safe to assume he has the aces..but can you lay down the kings here in a sng. Do you ever lay them down? In a tournament? Cash game? It would be VERY hard for me to do it and i honestly dont think i could unless i had an amazing read on the guy and was 110% sure he had aces. Any input appreciated. Oh and by the way..i called and he did have aces and i didnt hit a K. So i was down to 80 and almost doubled up 2 hands later when i had AJs vs 88...i had a chance until he fopped quads! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

Thanks again,

IaHawk
Old 03-14-2004, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Humanly possible to get away from this?

I imagine you would show a huge profit by calling here every single time.
-James
Old 03-14-2004, 03:36 AM

I agree...i am just seeing if anyone would or has folded KK preflop and their reasoning for it.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:01 AM

ive seen limp reraise allin with
AA, QJo, AQo, AKo, 44%2ùزs

and that was just today.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:15 AM

If he's got A-A that early, man, you gotta see it. For $5.50, I gotta think that K-K is good. That's poker, and that's part of what happens.
Old 03-14-2004, 04:18 AM

I think it's conceivable to fold it preflop under perfect conditions, but playing in SNGs online, I cannot imagine how that would happen. If we started with stacks of 100k chips instead of 800 or 1000 I might believe someone after a few reraises. Or if I didn't see people call 500 cold with KJ in the first rounds of blinds like the hand that just went down 10 minutes ago [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I do what I can preflop to get in all my chips with KK or AA, and just assume they're nuts when I have KK and hope for the best. On Party I usually do the same with QQ although more cautiously, bailing if there are multiple raisers that are going nuts or someone's moved in or made a huge raise, there are just too many bad players willing to give away their money in the first few hands not to risk losing to someone rational with KK or AA. Of course, after the 1 or 2 maniacs do what they need to do and distribute all their chips to someone else, going completely nuts with QQ vs. the rational remaining players can be suicidal.
Old 03-14-2004, 09:41 AM

I think I will make it unanimous. I push it in the 5 SNG every time. Probably in a multi I drop it, because its not worth it that early as far as Im concerned. SNG, you are making money with this call, make it every time!
Old 03-14-2004, 04:48 PM

Hiya Hawk,

I've folded KK in this position, more than once, but every time it was against a player whom I knew well enough to know they wouldn't use the limp-and-push play against me unless they had AA. I.e.: I'll fold here only against someone who knows I'd usually call this with KK.

If it's someone I don't know, I'm going to make this call every time, and I think far more often than not, it'll be a winner.

Cris