Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2005, 09:10 AM

Default 16000 players

About a month ago I switched from the mirco limit ring games to the micro SNGs.

I've read tons of posts here and have learned lots and lots. You are all great.

But one thing which annoys me more than anything is the lack of understanding of how different it is for us European players to take on Party when America is sleeping. I see it time and again "it doesn't matter what time you play the 10+1s they are still full of terrible players". This just is not true. People will not call all-ins with AXs & worse preflop, people will not call to the river with middle pair, people will not just give you their stack. It is a completely different game.

I'm not saying the players are especially good, but they are probably 5 times better than the average Party monkey you guys get to play against every day.

The other night I stayed up until 1am, which was 8pm ET and there were just over 50000 people on Party. The difference between the play was incredible, what you read on this forum again and again was there too see, I can only salivate at what its like a few hours later when the rest of America joins in.

This morning I opened up Party and there were less than 15000 people playing, it took well over a minute to fill a 10+1 table, at level 4 there was still a full ring of players.

I really dont know why I'm posting this, but if you do read it and are one of the people who slate the level of players not on your timezone, please just get up super early one day and see for yourself what its like playing when there are less than 20k people logged on. I'm sure you will change your opinion.

I guess I'm just insanely jelous [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2005, 09:14 AM

Default Re: 16000 players

I actually do better in the morning hours when there are less than 20k players on. Theusher will attest to this. I think it is just a different type of game. You need to adjust to it.
Old 05-22-2005, 09:19 AM

"I guess I'm just insanely jelous"

It's exactly the same for me. I often play when there are around 9-10.000 players online, and it takes around 5-6 minutes to get 4 sit&gos running. Then there are 7-8 players in level 4/5 still there, playing an aggressive bubble strategy that is not so easy to beat.

Probably that's the reason why the advice for Europeans on this forum is so bad. Most of the normal players couldnt beat the games if they werent so crazy soft to beat, or if they didnt bonus whore.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:04 AM

Perhaps the difference is smaller at higher stakes, but I don't agree to your post.

And the advice for europeans isn't bad here. That's just bull.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:34 AM

I'm moving to Moscow... nice to have regular 9-5 playing hrs
Old 05-22-2005, 10:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This just is not true. People will not call all-ins with AXs & worse preflop,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they do in the $50s, I had KK beaten by Ace rag 5 times yesterday. Maybe you should move up some levels if thats what you want [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2005, 11:09 AM

I play a lot in the morning US time (8am and on) and there are a lot of Europeans playing then. There are many mistakes being made by the players in the morning, they are just not "as bad" as the ones by players inthe evening. European players, on average,are much more aggressive than Americans with bets and raises, but their calling standards seem much better.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This just is not true. People will not call all-ins with AXs & worse preflop,

[/ QUOTE ]

Well they do in the $50s, I had KK beaten by Ace rag 5 times yesterday. Maybe you should move up some levels if thats what you want [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

But isn't this what you want... Ace rag calling your KK all in preflop? I too live in Europe and completely agree with the original post. Absolutely no doubt that stakes up to 50+5 are substantially easier to beat later on at night. I regulary stay up past 12am (7pm ET) for the juicier games.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:35 AM

Pacific time is great. I get home from work at 4:30, (7:30 EST) perfect for peak hours. If I want to get up early on the weekend and play, (7-8 AM) it is aready mid morning on the east coast. I haven't played with less than 30K in a long time.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I too live in Europe and completely agree with the original post. Absolutely no doubt that stakes up to 50+5 are substantially easier to beat later on at night. I regulary stay up past 12am (7pm ET) for the juicier games.

[/ QUOTE ]