Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Computer Technical Help
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 04:06 PM

Default multi-tabling on plasma tv

im looking to buy a 50" plasma or lcd tv and would also like to hook it up to my computer so i can multitable from my couch. preferably i would just hook it up to my laptop which would rest on top of the dvd player and have wireless mouse and keyboard on my coffee table/couch.

- is plasma or lcd better for this or does it not matter?
- what resolution tv do i need to get so that the graphics are doable?
- would the video card on my laptop be sufficient to handle the tv's resolution? i have the dell 6000 with wuxga.
- or is there a way to hook it up to my desktop across the room? really long connection cables?
- anyone already doing this? and if so, links to recommended plasma/lcd tvs?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:28 PM

Default Re: multi-tabling on plasma tv

[ QUOTE ]
im looking to buy a 50" plasma or lcd tv and would also like to hook it up to my computer so i can multitable from my couch. preferably i would just hook it up to my laptop which would rest on top of the dvd player and have wireless mouse and keyboard on my coffee table/couch.

- is plasma or lcd better for this or does it not matter?
- what resolution tv do i need to get so that the graphics are doable?
- would the video card on my laptop be sufficient to handle the tv's resolution? i have the dell 6000 with wuxga.
- or is there a way to hook it up to my desktop across the room? really long connection cables?
- anyone already doing this? and if so, links to recommended plasma/lcd tvs?

[/ QUOTE ]

afaik, neither plasma nor lcd TV's are ideal for what you want to do. you need at least 1600x1200 resolution on the TV, which I don't think many of them will do.

you'll probably need a device which is primary a monitor, like a 30inch Apple Cinema display.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:29 PM

I'd be surprised if there's a TV with even close to the 1600x1200 resolution you'd need for 4 tables without overlap. If there is, I'm having one too!
Old 09-13-2005, 04:40 PM

ok forget the multi-tabling. how about just to play one table? will the graphics be sh*tty on a 50" plasma?
Old 09-13-2005, 04:52 PM

I think the graphics would look fine...you'll just have overlap, just as you would on a 17inch monitor with low res.