Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Vegas Trip Report

Can anyone lend me a shirt?

I'll spare you all the gory details but I ran pretty bad for 4 days. Fast forward to Monday, our departure day and my brother and me get to the airport and get our boarding passes at a kiosk.

I'm 6' 3" and always try for the exit rows for the leg room but they're never available. But randomly this time we get an exit row, seats 11A and 11B. I got 11B the middle seat. I tell my brother "looks like my luck is changing, love the exit row."

He's amused because he ran seriously good for the whole trip and then he tops it off a little later meeting a San Diego Chargers cheerleader and gets her email address.

So we get on the plane, I get settled in that middle seat and find out that I'm still running bad. This 450 lb behemoth plunks himself down in seat 11C and half of 11B.

I squirm a bit and he very nicely apologizes for his size. Which brings up the question, "what is fair, here?" Should he be forced to purchase 2 seats which probably violates some discrimination law or not and have whoever is unlucky enough to be seated next to him suffer.

Opinions?
Old 02-08-2005, 05:24 PM

Default Re: Vegas Trip Report

A lot of airlines make obsese passengers buy two tickets.

Was the person really that fat? (Like I need an extension fat?)

Either way, that's a bad beat dude.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:27 PM

Call the airline and complain, maybe they will send you a coupon. Babies and fat people should have to fly on seperate planes. Next time try for a first class upgrade. Sometimes you can get them cheap the day of.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:27 PM

Oh yeah, I'm not exaggerating.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Call the airline and complain, maybe they will send you a coupon. Babies and fat people should have to fly on seperate planes. Next time try for a first class upgrade. Sometimes you can get them cheap the day of.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was not an empty seat to be had. As a matter of fact they were overbooked and looking for volunteers to be bumped and we almost did it but my brother was afraid he'd blow his profit if we stayed another day.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:49 PM

tell him you'll wave as he takes off, then.

:P

-d
Old 02-08-2005, 06:03 PM

He should get two seats. I think a woman won a lawsuit after she suffered nerve damage from her arm being crushed by an obese person on a long airline flight. File for damages to help pay for the trip [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'll spare you all the gory details but I ran pretty bad for 4 days.

[/ QUOTE ]

What are the gory details? What limits did you play? In what rooms?

I'm heading to Vegas in a month, and while I've been 7 times before, I've yet to play a hand of live poker [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2005, 10:02 PM

Not suppose to have poker content in the oot but because you asked.

I played a lot at the Bellagio because that's where we stayed. I played mostly in the $200 buy-in, $2/5 blind no limit holdem game. Only an idiot couldn't make money. How's this hand for an example.

I'm not in yet, just observing while waiting for my name to be called. Mike from StL has a humongous stack about $1300. I played with him the day before, total nice guy and huge LAG and huge bluffer. Mike gets locked into this big hand with the 2nd stack at the table, he had $780(I know the exact amount because I asked Mike later).

I can't remember the pre and post flop action becasue it didn't get interesting until the turn. The board was 6,7,Q Q. The guy bets $25 into Mike. Mike raises $100 and the guy makes an uncomfortable call. The River is an 8 and now the guy uncomfortably checks to Mike who immediately goes all-in.

Mike had made this all-in bet several time when I played with him and showed a stone cold bluff a couple of times so I'm assuming he might have done it in this game too. The guy only took about 5 seconds and called.

Mike turns up A6 and I figure he's gonzo. The guy just sits there and sits there like a stone, not turning his cards, not saying anything, just kind of like in shock. Finally he mumbles, I can't beat that and shows 22.

Un fcuking believable, he blew $780 on getting stubborn with 22. Granted, he made a great read, but he couldn't beat the bluff. Like I said, only an idiot couldn't make money at this game(I won't tell you what I lost).

Also played $10/20 Holdem at the Mirage, the only game I made a profit. Good game too, with a mix of good and bad players. Also got over to the Orleans and played a NL tourney there on Friday night. Very easy field of players at least the ones I played with. Little or no tourney experience. If not for a bone head play, I think I would have made it to the final table. I made a read on an old guy that he had aces but when I flopped top pair and a straight draw from the BB, I totally ignored my read and check raised him all-in and he called and he had exactly what I put him on and he being the 2nd largest stack to me I was crippled and out soon.

Bellagio has a $1040 NLHE tourney on Friday nights that I should have qualified through a satellite. They have single table sats for $260 with 2 qualifiers and cash. I finished 3rd twice becasuse I couldn't win a race even when I was a good favorite. But the competion was decidedly weak.

But Bellagio is shutting down and expanding the room. It will however be temporarily moved during renovations.

That's all I played but there are many more choices. There have been many threads on this. Try doing a search in the B&M forum and I'll bet you'll come up with a lot of good advice.

Good luck.