Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: As of right now who do you think is ahead
Bush 15 71.43%
Kerry 6 28.57%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-17-2004, 01:40 AM

Default Bonuses or Rakeback @ 1/2?

At 1/2 limit does rakeback even have an effect on your BB/100? Trying to decide on going party 1/2 + rakeback, or crytpo 1/2 + bonuses.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:19 AM

Default Re: Bonuses or Rakeback @ 1/2?

The limit rake is significantly higher at Crypto.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:23 AM

You should be more concerned about which sites have softer games than which sites have rakeback. Unfortunately, I can not help you with the answer to this question as I do not play limit frequently.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:31 AM

I believe you can get rakeback deals on the crypto sites now, so why not do both?
Old 11-17-2004, 02:50 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC

a lot of players seem rakeback crazy, playing extra outside of there normal game to increase theire rake. this is not good for your poker roll. if you are a break even player, than yes, put in as many table hours as possible and obtain rakeback. but, it would behoove you to improve your game, and become a winning player, from that you will monetarily far surpass what you can make from rakeback.

in my own pokering, i play my game that maximizes my EV(or so i think). rakeback to me is a bonus at the end of the month, i do not alter my play due to its presence. i am not suppose to get any rakeback in the first place.

when i was building my roll, i found this for bonuses as well, i would hop from site to site, chasing bonuses. well i didnt do it for too long. i was concentrating on these stupid bonuses instead of building a winning poker game, which is the ultimate bread winner.

this is not to say rakeback or bonuses dont have their merits, they certainly do, and should be used in conjunction with a winning pokergame........

for the OP, you can figure this out pretty easily i would imagine. i am not sure what the play through requirements for Crypto is, but using that, figure out how much $ per hand you are making. do the same for a rakeback scheme at party. say you are gonna be receiving 20% from party, go the rake schedule, and find out how much the rake is at that game. take a little less than max rake, divided by 9ish(number of players at the table), and that is your rake per hand(very roughly) multiply that by the hands you will play per month, and finally your rakeback % and that is your estimated rakeback benefit......compare them on whatever time frame suits you, monthly, weekly, daily and see which will be better for you. Most important IMO, is where are the games better and will i have the highest bb/100

One last thing, rakeback isnt going anywhere, go whore crypto, get a feel for the games there, then play at party, you will have the rakeback and can decide which site suits your game.....portions of this post are not directly related to the op, but the topic in general

fingers tired, i bet your brains are too from reading this.....later
Old 11-17-2004, 10:01 AM

The Cryptologic bonuses are worth about $9/table-hour for 35 hours per month, $315 total. At $1-$2, they don't just give you the rake back. They give you the blinds back. If you choose a slow table at the sites with hourly bonuses, you can post and fold and win.

If you play more than 35 table-hours per month, you can get the Crypto bonuses and then switch to your favorite site.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:59 PM

Apologize for ignorance, but what is OP?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:00 PM

Original Poster.

Lori
Old 11-17-2004, 01:27 PM

Thanks, Lori
Old 11-18-2004, 11:46 AM

one time bump to see if others are interested in voting