Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2004, 12:43 AM

Default POKER is the new coke

My next door neighbor who I sometimes go to vegas with just told me this morning he's selling his house to go pro. This is the guy who told me that AA is nothing special and if a couple of people raise you should fold preflop because it won't hold up. From what I gather hes on some kind of rush winning at the $200 buyin on party for the last month. Now he's off to play in the WSOP and play 200-400 in vegas. I see this as a disease as this isn't the first person who has no clue what they are doing and will lose all their money and their life. He has a ex-wife and 2 kids in college he has to support. Do we blame internet poker for this because these guys would never have played if not for the internet or do we blame Chris Moneymaker?
Old 11-27-2004, 12:50 AM

Default Re: POKER is the new coke

[ QUOTE ]
Do we blame internet poker for this because these guys would never have played if not for the internet or do we blame Chris Moneymaker?

[/ QUOTE ]

I BLAME YOU

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] busguy
Old 11-27-2004, 12:51 AM

I blame said retarded individual.
Old 11-27-2004, 12:57 AM

Likewise.

However, if stories of total morons like this turning-pro and losing everything become more common then that will just add fuel to the government's 'prohibit internet-poker' fire (regardless of whether he loses it all in a B&M or online).

The future of poker would be improved if you just did us all (and him) a favor and killed him before he ever gets going on this obvious path to financial-ruin.
Old 11-27-2004, 01:06 AM

ROFL nice one BOB. It's also some internet poker sites for instance PARADISE that are filling the government's fire to destroy internet poker. PARADISE is going to be from what I understand the mainstay to destroy internet poker as they allow credit cards direct on the site and bill them as legal transactions....
Old 11-27-2004, 06:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The future of poker would be improved if you just did us all (and him) a favor and killed him before he ever gets going on this obvious path to financial-ruin.

[/ QUOTE ]

But think of all the people playing 100-200 at vegas who actually have studied and know what they are doing and deserve his money... [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-27-2004, 08:28 AM

I don't blame poker. A few years ago, these people saw their stocks go up in a bull market/speculative bubble, decided it was due to their genius, and quite their jobs to become day traders.