Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2004, 09:32 PM

Default Program in the works

I'm programming a little "tourney helper" for myself. It looks like this:

When it's done I'm planning on making it open-source but I'm looking for any input. Please leave some. Thanks
Old 01-01-2005, 12:25 PM

Default Re: Program in the works

If anyone would like to beta test this, the link to download is here: http://s15.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3...M2DJGAOP9N0EM5

It's only gonna be up for a few days so please test it and send any feedback to me, paulsugar2@yahoo.com. Thanks

Screenshot:
Old 01-01-2005, 12:49 PM

Looks cool, but i can't get it working. Not all of us have PP installed on the C drive. If i edit PP's path in the .ini file manually, the program overrides it at startup.

Possible to fix that?
Old 01-01-2005, 01:32 PM

Here: http://s14.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=B...3303D37150329C

It shouldn't override anymore.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:54 PM

Known bugs:
"Shown hands" doesn't include losing all-in hands.
The flops seen denominator is screwed.

Sadly, I am losing a lot of money testing my program in real-time so I would appreciate it if people could beta test it and email me the bugs.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sadly, I am losing a lot of money testing my program in real-time so I would appreciate it if people could beta test it and email me the bugs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly... That isn't really a very good sales argument [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, i got it working, i'm trying it for an SnG right now. I have a couple of wishes so far:

When i click the "update" button, i'd like the highlighted players data to show again automatically, so the players listbox shouldn't loose focus.

What does the "No busted" checkbox do?

The "Monitor" item in the File menu says it can't find a tourney window even though i've got one opened.

Couldn't it update automatically, maybe a couple of times a minute, and then still keep the Update button in case of emergencies?

I'd like some colors for the actions so it's faster to seperate called, fold and raise.

That's it for now, good work.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:37 PM

I get no data, just an error message that says "Couldn't find a tourney window"

Firewall: ZoneAlarm Pro
Party software is installed on the G: drive. Also running Spybot and AVG Antivirus.
Old 01-01-2005, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Frankly... That isn't really a very good sales argument [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Anyways, i got it working, i'm trying it for an SnG right now. I have a couple of wishes so far:

When i click the "update" button, i'd like the highlighted players data to show again automatically, so the players listbox shouldn't loose focus.

What does the "No busted" checkbox do?

The "Monitor" item in the File menu says it can't find a tourney window even though i've got one opened.

Couldn't it update automatically, maybe a couple of times a minute, and then still keep the Update button in case of emergencies?

I'd like some colors for the actions so it's faster to seperate called, fold and raise.

That's it for now, good work.

[/ QUOTE ]

Clicking "Monitor" makes the program refresh the data every 10 seconds.

The "No busted" checkbox ignores all of the busted players.

Sorry if it says it couldn't find a tournament window. API (finding windows) is not an area of my expertise because I've never taken any programming classes.

Things I'm currently working on:
-Making it refresh so it doesn't lose focus
-Adding colors
-Adding more statistics

Also, I'm thinking of assigning players characteristics according to their preflop actions. i.e. "Tight" or "Calling station" etc. but don't know how to classify them. I'm thinking:
Tight: 0-10% flops seen
Semi-tight: 10-30%
Semi-loose: 30-40%
Loose: 40%-100%

Is that a good standard for SNG's?

Thanks for all the input so far.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:23 PM

Regarding finding windows, this KB article might help you: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/147659, i suspect that you're seeking for any Party window, and therefore don't need a function that takes an exact window title.

Regarding more statistics, i'd prefer not. I'm using PT in conjunction with Playerview which gives me a read of the players VP$IP and aggression factor.

But VP$IP isn't really that much worth in a SnG, because it changes so much from level to level. And even if you filter it by limit, you have too little data to make any usable reads.

What i really like about the program is to use it intensively in the first three levels. The ability to easily see what hands they played, combined with the VP$IP of PT gives me a quick read of the player types, which is all i really need. I could do without the hand actions listbox.

I'd like just to be able to see the hands that they've played, and what they've done with those. I don't care about the hands i don't know.

Please don't take this as a "i don't like your app" reply, it's just that i believe the app is really useful, for a single purpose. At least if you combine it with PT and maybe Playerview / GT+.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if it says it couldn't find a tournament window. API (finding windows) is not an area of my expertise because I've never taken any programming classes.

[/ QUOTE ]

This must be that new thing I've been hearing about... Beta Testing on Steroids. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]