Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2005, 09:42 PM

Default Re: So i had a panic attack tonight...

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds cruel, but there's some sense in that.

Your emotions and energy are for you, not for ex's. Don't be one of those guys who is an emotional whore for his ex's problems. That right to drain you dry and wear you out ends when you break out. Getting to bankrupt your energy that way without being your girlfriend anymore is like not buying the cow because you get the milk for free.

Don't be a sucker. You can see all the good it's doing you. This is not the way to happiness, you don't owe anybody anything, you're not going to save the world or even a single person who doesn't want to be saved, and you have your own life, and your school, to worry about.

Do not let ex's suck your emotions dry. You're not on tap for them anymore. You should not be a martyr for other people's problems, or an emotional battery they can drain to balance out their own negativity. Save that energy for yourself instead of disrespecting yourself by squandering it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, so that's what I wanted to say. But it was easier to type much fewer words.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:44 PM

yeah you're shook, but a panic attack?

boy howdy, when you have one of those you will know, and you won't be posting on 2+2...

sorry bout the girl though- isshy situation.
Old 09-22-2005, 09:51 PM

Perhaps my definition of a panic attack is off? Random onsets of trouble breathing, unable to think clearly, weak physically etc...
Old 09-22-2005, 09:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps my definition of a panic attack is off? Random onsets of trouble breathing, unable to think clearly, weak physically etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

meh, actually sounds pretty close

the few i've had i thought i was definitely dying. short breath, unable to clearly think....

don't let this girl get you like that, think about how bad it's gonna tear you up when she's tokin some frat guys meatstick.- eject sir.
Old 09-22-2005, 10:17 PM

goodluck ggbman
Old 09-22-2005, 10:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
goodluck ggbman

[/ QUOTE ]

bruiser, maybe you could offer your advice on what to do when a hot exgirlfriend who parties way too much gets into trouble. I for one would love to hear it.
Old 09-23-2005, 10:28 AM

when i had my panic attack a few months ago. i thought i was going to die, called the ambulance and everything. so i understand your situation.

i immediately cut out all things that were causing the most stress on me; specifically poker for one month. then i started working out everyday. for the first few days after the attack i would feel funny and then would wake up soaking wet from sweat at night for a few weeks.

anyway, if youre not working out you need to start and work yourself hard.

that said, i havn't had any full blown attacks since i started working out, and really the only time in the past 2 months that ive started to get into that dangerous loop that causes the attack was when i was super hungover one day.

take that for what its worth. if you want to talk someone about it feel free to pm me and ill give you a call or instant message.
Old 09-23-2005, 01:22 AM

Hang in there bud. I had some similar moments a couple years ago and found that my problems were amplified by eating poorly that day and having low blood sugar levels.

Make sure you eat properly -- especially during stressful times when you might otherwise neglect eating.
Old 09-23-2005, 02:11 AM

This is just another example of everyones ever-present "Will To Cool"
Old 09-23-2005, 02:17 AM

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH!