Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2005, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Long streak with no playable hands?

I was in California last week so wanted to get in some "live" play. Went to the Commerce and made my first BB at 3-$6 hold'em at 10:00 pm. The game was great and the players were terrible, but I won my 1st pot at 1:30 a.m. Won 3 or 4 pots after that, went home at 4:15 am down $61

Thinking 3.5 hours of nothing but folds set the stage for a comeback, went to the Bicycle next evening, posted BB in $3-6 at 9:00 pm, and won my first pot 3 hours 45 minutes later. Not counting bb's, probably entered 10 hands, only got to the river about 4 times in the first 4 hours. Went home at 4:00 am -$144.

Including all my outings over 3 days (17.5 hours at the tables), had pocket K's once, beaten at show-down by pocket A's : Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], make set on flop and fold on river to a bet and a blank Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board, : and lost with pocket jacks when board went rag [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and winner has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. No other pocket pairs higher than 99, not bad beats, just the blinds and absolutely no hands winnable after the flop.

I tried to console myself by saying "at least I held to my standards" but it seems when you have such lousy results you had to do something that caused them. My neighbor at the table at the Bicycle liked to let me see the cards he was playing after I folded, and I watched him go from $150 to $600 over a 1.5 hour period, playing Q-2s, 10-9o, A-3o, J-6s, etc, when he racked them up and headed home. Note he didn't win by aggressive or tricky play - he WON $450 by playing Q-5 offsuit and those other "great" starting hands. If it had been on-line, I would have charged that the site was rigged.
Old 02-11-2005, 04:45 PM

Default Re: Long streak with no playable hands?

It is amazing looking at my PT stats how many loose and semi-loose (and the high side of semi-loose) passive players profit like this for a few hundred hands.

[ QUOTE ]
I was in California last week so wanted to get in some "live" play. Went to the Commerce and made my first BB at 3-$6 hold'em at 10:00 pm. The game was great and the players were terrible, but I won my 1st pot at 1:30 a.m. Won 3 or 4 pots after that, went home at 4:15 am down $61

Thinking 3.5 hours of nothing but folds set the stage for a comeback, went to the Bicycle next evening, posted BB in $3-6 at 9:00 pm, and won my first pot 3 hours 45 minutes later. Not counting bb's, probably entered 10 hands, only got to the river about 4 times in the first 4 hours. Went home at 4:00 am -$144.

Including all my outings over 3 days (17.5 hours at the tables), had pocket K's once, beaten at show-down by pocket A's : Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], make set on flop and fold on river to a bet and a blank Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] board, : and lost with pocket jacks when board went rag [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and winner has 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. No other pocket pairs higher than 99, not bad beats, just the blinds and absolutely no hands winnable after the flop.

I tried to console myself by saying "at least I held to my standards" but it seems when you have such lousy results you had to do something that caused them. My neighbor at the table at the Bicycle liked to let me see the cards he was playing after I folded, and I watched him go from $150 to $600 over a 1.5 hour period, playing Q-2s, 10-9o, A-3o, J-6s, etc, when he racked them up and headed home. Note he didn't win by aggressive or tricky play - he WON $450 by playing Q-5 offsuit and those other "great" starting hands. If it had been on-line, I would have charged that the site was rigged.

[/ QUOTE ]