Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 01:47 PM

Default Why sharing moderation of this forum is a horrible idea.

I have posted my own opinions for discussion on a number of various topics. I have been accused of spamming and/or shilling by trolls and "respectable posters" for all the following:

NutzPoker
Phill Hellmuth's DVD's
Ultimate Bet
ZeroRake

In each instance the accuser(s) are 100% certain that they are correct and represent the rest of the forum. For example when I posted a question about NutzPoker on 5/17 Inthacup responded to Nutzpoker and myself with:
[ QUOTE ]
Did you have 12 posts deleted for some reason? Perhaps spam? ... What a coincidence.

Some small time shady poster comes here and asks you a question and you come back with a 400 word advertisement for your site. Please don't think that the posters here are this oblivious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not going to point out every poster that's ever made a mistake in judging me or anyone esle, but its quite obvious to me that too many people think they own this forum and know what is best for it. And I am not referring to Cup because he admitted he jumped to a wrong conclusion and offered an apology, but last week I was reported, by at least one individual, to Matt as a spammer. That is more than enough reason for me to be certain that moderation is horrible idea.

Many of the recent posts here saying "The Zoo" has gone to $hit recently make me sick. It seems like a lot of people who once embraced the Zoo for it's often illogical and chaotic personality are now condemning it for the same reasons. The Internet forum used to be one you either loved or hated for what it was. Now I get the impression that there is a clique of posters that have been part of the zoo for a long time, gotten emotionally attached and act like it is thier own private little playground.

They act like "oh were the zoo, its crazy in here but that's why we love it". But when it does become crazy, they hate it and want out, or go crying for censorhip or moderation.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:51 PM

Default Re: Why sharing moderation of this forum is a horrible idea.

*YAWN*
Old 07-12-2004, 02:19 PM

The problem is that the job of moderating these forums is now a huge amount of work. Having a few respected posters take the job conflicts with 2+2 management's desire to not lose control of their property.

This leaves you, and the ZeroRake spammers, to takeover this forum and drive off the long-term posters that are looking for poker content that isn't like RGP. Who would have thought two years ago that Russ Boyd would have gotten control here?

Make no mistake, if it was I moderating, your ass would be on the next stage out of town, with the ZeroRake spammers and the many clones being dragged in the dirt behind it. Just thinking of the long hours of deleting new accounts of banned spammers makes me want to e-mail Mason and volunteer.

MS Sunshine
Old 07-12-2004, 02:24 PM

I rest my case.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:26 PM

"I rest my case."

If this was only true.

MS Sunshine
Old 07-12-2004, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having a few respected posters take the job

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an elitist egomaniac, do you realize that? I would like to know, in your opinion, what qualifies one as a "respected poster".

Also, I would like you to name 5 or 10 so call "respected" posters on this forum whom you feel capable of handling the job of censoring other peoples ideas on this open discussion board.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I rest my case."

If this was only true.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, I've got you way ahead on points with that one now sunshine [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Altho I do disagree that syntax should be banned.
Old 07-12-2004, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Having a few respected posters take the job

[/ QUOTE ]

You are an elitist egomaniac, do you realize that? I would like to know, in your opinion, what qualifies one as a "respected poster".

Also, I would like you to name 5 or 10 so call "respected" posters on this forum whom you feel capable of handling the job of censoring other peoples ideas on this open discussion board.

[/ QUOTE ]

I say we just turn the reins over to gabbyyy and see how it goes
Old 07-12-2004, 02:52 PM

"I say we just turn the reins over to gabbyyy and see how it goes"

I have issues with Gabby, but none have to do with spamming. You would be off the island so before Gabs.

MS Sunshine
Old 07-12-2004, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem is that the job of moderating these forums is now a huge amount of work. Having a few respected posters take the job conflicts with 2+2 management's desire to not lose control of their property.

This leaves you, and the ZeroRake spammers, to takeover this forum and drive off the long-term posters that are looking for poker content that isn't like RGP. Who would have thought two years ago that Russ Boyd would have gotten control here?

Make no mistake, if it was I moderating, your ass would be on the next stage out of town, with the ZeroRake spammers and the many clones being dragged in the dirt behind it. Just thinking of the long hours of deleting new accounts of banned spammers makes me want to e-mail Mason and volunteer.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]
Well said - I'm a longtime lurker, and occasional poster who agrees wholeheartedly with your sentiments, MS....
Closed Thread