Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2004, 01:41 PM

Default Re: CALLING MODS

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am now going to look at these posts. And if you have a problem with someone, you should notify me instantly. It's that simple. If you wait for me to find it, it probably won't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

He changes his name quite often, so I'm not sure if you will find his posts under 'Gregorio' now.

I use the notify moderator button, and will continue to do so.

-- Thanks, Homer

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this notify moderator button Homer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Third icon over from "Post Extras".
Old 07-13-2004, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Mat, is it really to much to ask that you spend 30 minutes a day here skimming the messages ? If so, you are right "If you wait for me to find it, it probably won't happen."

And Mat, not as long as many of the others but almost 2 years qualifies as a while as far as I am concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

You tell him.

1st no one person could skim all of a day's posts in 2 hours let alone 30 minutes....you should know this after being here 2 weeks oh wait I mean 2 years.

2nd the moderator in charge has stated at minimum of 5 times in the internet forum that if someone posts something that needs his attention to let him know so he can look at it.

3rd the moderator has stated that the income generated by the site is not sufficient enough to hire another moderator.

4th the "ignore user" is a tool put in to help automate keeping posters happy.

You definately should keep telling him he is wrong. Perhaps you should write the owners and tell them that you now run the company/site.

I am very tired of reading these OT "The moderator sucks" spam threads. I hope the moderator corrects this.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:59 PM

TT & Grifter, this will be my last post on the subject - I made my thoughts clear that's all I intended to do not make this a 30 page discussion thread. In fact Mat feel free to freeze this thread.

I'm simply stating if he scroilled the Topics daily and spent 30 minutes going to threads (assuming he is in collapsed thread mode) that have multiple posts regarding the same subject (I.E. Zero Rake for multiple days) or reading threads where the subject sounded spammy.. This would allevaite 80% of the BS happening here lately.

Last time there swere 300 threads involving Zero rake and the "New posts" highlight had 4 Zero Rake things at all times.

What happened? I can't remember who and don't want to go look, someone with admin capibilities here.. Decided in the midst of all this chaos to start a thread regarding the importance of rake as if we all didn't already know this - conveniantly at the same time a Zero Rake ad went up at top right.. Which cost what a couple hundred bucks ? I would say this was more endorasing the spam then condoning it at all.

Yes, it is an important subject and topic but 4 or 5 DIFFERENT threads about the site at all times with new posts to them? Come on, give me a break!
Old 07-13-2004, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TT & Grifter, this will be my last post on the subject - I made my thoughts clear that's all I intended to do not make this a 30 page discussion thread. In fact Mat feel free to freeze this thread.

I'm simply stating if he scroilled the Topics daily and spent 30 minutes going to threads (assuming he is in collapsed thread mode) that have multiple posts regarding the same subject (I.E. Zero Rake for multiple days) or reading threads where the subject sounded spammy.. This would allevaite 80% of the BS happening here lately.

Last time there swere 300 threads involving Zero rake and the "New posts" highlight had 4 Zero Rake things at all times.

What happened? I can't remember who and don't want to go look, someone with admin capibilities here.. Decided in the midst of all this chaos to start a thread regarding the importance of rake as if we all didn't already know this - conveniantly at the same time a Zero Rake ad went up at top right.. Which cost what a couple hundred bucks ? I would say this was more endorasing the spam then condoning it at all.

Yes, it is an important subject and topic but 4 or 5 DIFFERENT threads about the site at all times with new posts to them? Come on, give me a break!

[/ QUOTE ]

There are as many "What's the mod doing posts?" as rakefree posts. The mod says that you are right but to contact him personally so he can correct the flagrant spam.

He has stated this at least 5 times in the last week or so yet his job or whether more mods are needed keep being questioned.

Now if you PM him or hit that report to the mod button and it keeps getting ignored then there is something new to talk about.

Good to see it's your last post on the subject. I hope you get the resolution you want, and that there are no more "The mod sucks" posts by others.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In fact Mat feel free to freeze this thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am sure he's just been waiting for your permission.
Old 07-13-2004, 03:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am now going to look at these posts. And if you have a problem with someone, you should notify me instantly. It's that simple. If you wait for me to find it, it probably won't happen.

[/ QUOTE ]

He changes his name quite often, so I'm not sure if you will find his posts under 'Gregorio' now.

I use the notify moderator button, and will continue to do so.

-- Thanks, Homer

[/ QUOTE ]

Where is this notify moderator button Homer?

[/ QUOTE ]

Third icon over from "Post Extras".

[/ QUOTE ]
Gracias. I'm going to make good use of that from now on.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:26 PM

Tiltboy, I hear you're an admitted con-artist.