Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-12-2004, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Why sharing moderation of this forum is a horrible idea.

[ QUOTE ]
Make no mistake, if it was I moderating, your ass would be on the next stage out of town

[/ QUOTE ]

And the fact that I have no affiliation with zerorake or anyone else is an acceptable causulty for you in your quest to control this board. If you don't like what someone posts thats enough reason for you to exile them huh? I have no respect for you, or your witchunt and inquisition.

Who's next on your list of people to rid this forum of? Jews, Women, Blacks?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:09 PM

And the fact that I have no affiliation with zerorake or anyone else I don't care is an acceptable causulty for you in your quest to control this board. If you don't like what someone posts thats enough reason for you to exile them huh? In a perfect world,but I would ban you for spamming. I have no respect for you,ahhhhhhhhh, now that really hurt or your witchunt and inquisition.Don't get me started on inflicting pain.

Who's next on your list of people to rid this forum of? Jews, Women, Blacks? Nice comeback, why not compare me to Hitler, because I'm against spamming in the content.

MS Sunshine
Old 07-12-2004, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I say we just turn the reins over to gabbyyy and see how it goes"

I have issues with Gabby, but none have to do with spamming. You would be off the island so before Gabs.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]

neet, im exiled too? what for?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:16 PM

I challenge you to:

A) Define Spam
B) Point to at least one post that proves I am a spammer and how it qualifies as spam.
c) Define "respectable poster"
Old 07-12-2004, 03:17 PM

I would like to know, in your opinion, what qualifies one as a "respected poster".

Not you.

-AA
Old 07-12-2004, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would like to know, in your opinion, what qualifies one as a "respected poster".

Not you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a little upset that you couldn't figure out a witty way to incorporate cousin phucking into this one.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who's next on your list of people to rid this forum of? Jews, Women, Blacks?

[/ QUOTE ]

If this statement does not invoke Godwin's Law, it certainly must invoke some corollary thereof.

Dude, you annoyed some people, for better or for worse. You don't need to write essays to explain why you don't want those people in charge of whether you stay or go, we get it already. Next case.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[snip]
Who's next on your list of people to rid this forum of? Jews, Women, Blacks? Nice comeback, why not compare me to Hitler, because I'm against spamming in the content.

MS Sunshine

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that would envoke Godwin's Law.

FWIW, I totally agree with your position MS. I participate on several other forums that use participant/moderators and they generally work very well. On those forums, if a moderator gets out of line they can lose their moderation privledges. There is no freedom-of-speech issue as 2+2 is not a government agency as far as I know. I've actually suggested this very thing to Mat before but he was unreceptive. I personally don't think anything will change as long as it appears to the powers-that-be that their readership is growing. The problem with that is that 2+2 may may be growing just because the the current increase in popularity of poker. What happens when that growth eventually levels off and begins to fall and Mat and company begin to wonder how to get back their former loyal participants? All they'll be left with is Syntax and the multiple incarnations of various spammers and flame-baiters. Who is going to want to stick around to read their drivel?
Old 07-12-2004, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it appears to the powers-that-be that their readership is growing. The problem with that is that 2+2 may may be growing just because the the current increase in popularity of poker. What happens when that growth eventually levels off and begins to fall and Mat and company begin to wonder how to get back their former loyal participants?

[/ QUOTE ]

this sounds so familiar.. oh maybe because it is exactly what I said about how Party Poker was run and i was torched for it..... hypocrisy runs deep in this forum.
Old 07-12-2004, 03:56 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
*YAWN*

[/ QUOTE ]

EXACTLY.
Closed Thread