Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Probability
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-18-2003, 03:57 PM

Default WPT Post-Producer seeks help

Howdy Poker/Computer Experts!

My name is Dan Abrams and I'm the Post Producer for the World Poker Tour. I also wrote&produced the 2000 World Series of Poker for the Discovery Channel(when Ferguson won). However another Dan Abrams wrote a book on poker with Epstein.

We here at the WPT like putting interesting factoids & trivia in the bumpers (as the show goes to commercial).

We have high standards and have to make 13 episodes and 18 bumpers per. So we need some help.

We want to supply accurate stats on the following questions:

1) If you have pocket kings, what are the odds you'll run into pocket aces in a 9 handed game? (And in a 4 handed game?). Is it just the negative parlay of 1:220 to the 8th power (and thus about 1/25)?

2) If you have pocket queens, what are the odds you'll run into pocket aces or pocket kings in a 9 handed game? (and in a 4 handed game?)

3) If you have pocket jacks, what are the odds you'll run into pocket aces or pocket kings or pocket queens in a 9 handed game? (and in a 4 handed game?)

4) If you have Ace-King, what are the odds you'll run into pocket aces or pocket kings, nine handed? And 4 handed?

5) If you have Ace-Queen, what are the odds you'll run into pocket aces or pocket kings or pocket queens, nine handed? And 4 handed?

Thank you for your gracious efforts and consideration.

Sincerely,

Dan Abrams