Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Common Sense Internet Poker Rigged

One of my friends works for one of the small internet poker sites. Not party and not stars. He says the company they used to do the poker software had to sign a confidentiality agreement regarding the code so that they cannot give any information how card are generated. The thing that he told me that gave me and him suspicious was that the software has playing bots built in to create more action and players. If one site can do it, why not the others? who will know?
Old 09-02-2004, 11:31 AM

Default Re: Common Sense Internet Poker Rigged

No.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:38 AM

You are insane..
Old 09-02-2004, 11:40 AM

How come 90% of your posts are new topics with ridiculous theories or questions? Maybe you should stick to replies only.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
One of my friends works for one of the small internet poker sites. Not party and not stars. He says the company they used to do the poker software had to sign a confidentiality agreement regarding the code so that they cannot give any information how card are generated. The thing that he told me that gave me and him suspicious was that the software has playing bots built in to create more action and players. If one site can do it, why not the others? who will know?

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on baby I'm spread eagle right now!
Old 09-02-2004, 01:08 PM

You know, I ain't saying online poker is rigged or anything, but it sure makes sense that it would be.

Put it this way: let me go on record and state absolutely unequivocally that if I owned an online poker site, there would be almost no chance that I wouldn't skim maybe two big bets an hour from the large games. And that would be a minimum, as it is uber-easy to do, extremely hard to catch, and there's no recourse for the players.

Just think about it. Couldn't you use an extra $100G a year or so? Ya think?

Forget the moral arguments. I'm not on Earth to ensure everyone (or anyone outside of those I love) gets a fair shake.

So...we've got a historically shady business (poker/gambling, rife with hustlers, mafia, etc.), with no storefront to the public (everything happens behind the scenes) being ran from a third world country that has government kickbacks as a constitutional guarantee,

No, not rigged at all. My god.

I'm not saying that you can't win...I'm saying that it's virtually certain that some skimming off the top is taking place. Whereever there's money...you finish the quote.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm saying that it's virtually certain that some skimming off the top is taking place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, and that would be what we call RAKE.
Old 09-02-2004, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Put it this way: let me go on record and state absolutely unequivocally that if I owned an online poker site, there would be almost no chance that I wouldn't skim maybe two big bets an hour from the large games. And that would be a minimum, as it is uber-easy to do, extremely hard to catch, and there's no recourse for the players.

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly would you do it?
Old 09-02-2004, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You know, I ain't saying online poker is rigged or anything, but it sure makes sense that it would be.

Just think about it. Couldn't you use an extra $100G a year or so? Ya think?

Forget the moral arguments. I'm not on Earth to ensure everyone (or anyone outside of those I love) gets a fair shake.

So...we've got a historically shady business (poker/gambling, rife with hustlers, mafia, etc.), with no storefront to the public (everything happens behind the scenes) being ran from a third world country that has government kickbacks as a constitutional guarantee,

No, not rigged at all. My god.

I'm not saying that you can't win...I'm saying that it's virtually certain that some skimming off the top is taking place. Whereever there's money...you finish the quote.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry to hear that you are completely unethical, I'll make sure never to do business with you...
Who wouldn't want an extra 100K a year? Maybe a company that has legitimate revenues in the 10's of millions (at least). You don't cheat, no matter how unlikely you are to get caught, in order to increase your take by less than 1%, unless you are pathalogical...
Old 09-02-2004, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
let me go on record and state absolutely unequivocally that if I owned an online poker site, there would be almost no chance that I wouldn't skim maybe two big bets an hour from the large games

[/ QUOTE ]

And the reason you would do this is because the MILLIONS and MILLIONS you are already making are worth jeopardizing for a miniscule amount of additional profit gained by STEALING from your customers.
Closed Thread