Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What does the Tall man do?
Go out, grab the girl, take her home. 92 75.41%
Make a quick appreance. 8 6.56%
Stay home, get some sleep. 22 18.03%
Voters: 122. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-22-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Re: Did Manning make any difference on the Colts team at all this seas

Moss is an idiot. Moss changes defenses more than any other single player in the NFL.
Old 01-22-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the Colts defense really came around the second half of the season. And blaming the loss to the Pat's is really letting Manning and the entire Colts offense off much too light. With the effort their defense gave the Colts offense should have at least been able to manage to make it close, if not win. I have included scores for the second half of the season, and other than the Denver game, which was pretty meaningless to the Colts, the defense looks ok.

Sun. Nov. 14 Houston Win 49-14
Sun. Nov. 21 @Chicago Win 41-10
Thu. Nov. 25 @Detroit Win 41-9
Sun. Dec. 5 Tennessee Win 51-24
Sun. Dec. 12 @Houston Win 23-14
Sun. Dec. 19 Baltimore Win 20-10
Sun. Dec. 26 San Diego Win 34-31 (OT)
Sun. Jan. 2 @Denver Loss 33-14

[/ QUOTE ]

Not being able to run the ball killed any chance Indy had. Blame the line or give credit to NE but that, a -3 in turnovers and giving up aprox 200 yds rushing lost them that game. Manning didn't lose it.

Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore are 3 of the bottom offenses in the league. They played one team on that list with a decent offense (not counting the throw away vs. Denver) and gave up 31 points. Their D blows. It's clearly in the bottom 1/3 of the league if not the bottom 5 overall. I've watched this team for almost 20 years and their D has been brutal the entire time. Third and 10+ yds is almost a gimme for their opponents. What, one pro bowl D in 30 years and you're trying to say their D is OK? You're wrong here, and it's not even close.
Old 01-23-2005, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's pretty hard to overhype Tom Brady's value, he is easily a top 5 valuable player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Completely disagree.

10 players I'd take before Brady
Manning-yes
Culpepper-push
McNabb-push
Holmes-running backs are cheap look at denver they have to beat them off with sticks
Moss-hahahaha ha
Owens-can't see a wide out over a qb but if there was one he would be it
Tomlinson-see above
Harrison-peyton manning factor
Ray Lewis-too old to take over brady not even best defender on own team
Alexander see above

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

RB's are cheap? Not only is that utter silliness even in Fantasy football, they are the 2nd most important position to have a great player at. I'm going to make a poll on this, just to see what others think.

Ans yes, Moss before Brady, EASILY. Newsflash: Moss is better than owens, and he had 1 less TD in 4 less games, all while hampered. Moss is the most talented WR ever, and may end up the best of all time. Brady just ain't that impressive to me.

[/ QUOTE ] Cory Dillon, Clinton Portis, Ladanian Tomlinson (a guy on your list you would take over Brady) and soon to be Travis Henry and Reuben Droughns(spelling) all top backs and all let go/traded by their teams in the prime of their careers. I didn't really feel like getting in depth about your list but if I had I would have been sure to mention the limited life of running backs (Eddie George) I could name others but I doubt you will argue this point. On the Moss thing you are probably right that he is a slightly better talent, but I would prefer to have Owens due to his leadership skills this is completely debatable though. Ask the Colts whether they would rather lose Peyton, Edge, or Marvin (i use this example bacause they are all at or near the top in their positions) and they would start rolling around laughing.