Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2004, 04:03 AM

Default Re: *Official* Party Super Tuesday

Congrats to Zinzan for making the money even though his internet connection died near the bubble, to bads33d for his solid finish in the top 20, and the TheTimeIsUp, who was at the final table when I had to get to bed.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:08 AM

Default Out 9th

I was a short stack, and was getting no hands, so I was forced to push, or so I think. If I let the blind hit me, I would have only 4k chips, but be able to see some hands. I didn't think it was +EV. I figured if I pushed here I would have about 40% if he had overs, maybe 45% if he had worse. Was this the correct play?

***** Hand History for Game 1244932892 *****
NL Hold'em Trny:7561713 Level:17 Blinds (3000/6000) - Wednesday, December 01, 03:03:38 EDT 2004
Table Super Tuesday(144629) Table #1 (Real Money)
Seat 5 is the button
Total number of players : 9
Seat 3: JimmyTBone ( $101745 )
Seat 4: BadBB ( $123024 )
Seat 7: GivingCash ( $15973 )
Seat 10: ZMAN01 ( $50882 )
Seat 1: whynot53 ( $238693 )
Seat 2: JH007 ( $35001 )
Seat 5: fredfvf ( $26742 )
Seat 6: DERTSPIDAZ ( $47508 )
Seat 9: Falchen ( $173432 )
Trny:7561713 Level:17
Blinds (3000/6000)
** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to GivingCash [ 6d Jd ]
Falchen folds.
ZMAN01 folds.
whynot53 folds.
JH007 folds.
outdrawed: ok, change subject. i need a word that means pithy. has the letters "tree" and either a "d" or "s" in it
MrOctober415: dont make fun of MJ
JimmyTBone: ok Tank you very much
SandyBag: even the XXXXtail waitress would slap you for that play
JimmyTBone folds.
MrOctober415: thats wrong
BadBB folds.
Shilloy: Rollaids.
fredfvf is all-In.
DERTSPIDAZ folds.
GivingCash is all-In.
** Dealing Flop ** [ 4h, Jh, Qh ]
** Dealing Turn ** [ Jc ]
** Dealing River ** [ Kh ]
GivingCash shows [ 6d, Jd ] three of a kind, jacks.
fredfvf shows [ Ah, Qd ] a flush, ace high.
Player GivingCash finished in 9 place and received $1829.25
fredfvf wins 10769 chips from side pot #1 with a flush, ace high.
fredfvf wins 34946 chips from the main pot with a flush, ace high.
gg
OMFG
ahfdsag
gg gc
GivingCash has left the table.

Guess my luck just ran out, eh? O well, almost won 2k, so I am pretyy happy. BIG thank you for all the sweaters cheerin me on ever since I got in the money. It was a great run guys, and thanks for your support.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:20 AM

Default Just some final thoughts

This actually was the farthest I have got in a Super. I am relitively new to highish stake tournaments online, so this was indeed a first for me.

About the poker, I think I had a terrible showing. I completely relied on the cards, limping in the money with 1k b4 I doubled 3 times only because of cards. The only bluff play I made was to throw the table off, and that is very weak. There were many steals on me that I could have easily came over the top and taken it down. I didn't make the most of my dry spell of cards.

Mainly, this was my first Super where I had gotten this far, so I am thinking I had the jitters. I think I mentally decided I just wanted to make it to the final table, no matter what.

In the end, it proved my undoing. I will make sure this does not happen next time, since I got some experience put in the bag. You probably don't give a crap about this post, but I just had to get my thoughts off my chest.

Again, thank you all the sweaters at 2+2, probably the only reason I balled up a few times to make the final table. Good night, all!
Old 12-01-2004, 04:23 AM

Default Re: 19 left

Me either, I typed in for a raise of 12,000, and accidently put a extra zero and clicked bet, and it put me all in.
Old 12-01-2004, 04:48 AM

Default Re: Out 9th

you did the right thing.
you were getting 2.5-1 and were the smallest stack.
if you fold you are under 10K, so no way you can get anybody to fold.
He can be raising with a ton of hands here and you probably have between 35 and 40% chance to win. If you win, you are completely back in it.
If you fold you have less than a 35% chance to get back in it as you'll need to get lucky to pickup a real hand in the next few hands, so this is a superior opportunity.

It is likely you should have pushedin before now, but I didn't see the hands.

Congrats
Old 12-01-2004, 05:25 AM

Default Re: 19 left

[ QUOTE ]
Me either, I typed in for a raise of 12,000, and accidently put a extra zero and clicked bet, and it put me all in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. I've done that before, and sweated what seemed like forever before the table folded around. I got lucky, and have tried to be really careful ever since.

Instead of just putting you all-in, Party should beep at you and not accept a bet greater than the money you have available. For example, if you have t54,000, and type 120000, it shouldn't accept the final zero and should send out a warning beep. Instead, it just turns the bet amount into an all-in.

Good game, otherwise, bads33d.

-Z
Old 12-01-2004, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Out 9th

[ QUOTE ]
Guess my luck just ran out, eh? O well, almost won 2k, so I am pretyy happy. BIG thank you for all the sweaters cheerin me on ever since I got in the money. It was a great run guys, and thanks for your support.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, once I had to leave, it was destined that your luck run out... When can I expect that transfer, by the way?

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]