Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2005, 06:03 PM

Default Re: HOH EXPOSED CONTINUED....

So why are you here? It wouldn't have something to do with a superior product would it?

MM
Old 06-20-2005, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So why are you here? It wouldn't have something to do with a superior product would it?

MM

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't own any of your books, so I don't know if they are a superior product compared to other books on the market. But the way you talk to the very people who keep you in business is enough to make me never want to buy anything from you, regardless of how "superior" you think your product is. Of course, you won't care much, since you'll still have plenty of other people who aren't fed up with you to condescend to.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to follow up on my earlier post, I believe page 185 is incorrect in advocating 40% folds with KQ in MP when no one has entered the pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought this may have been an error too but in HOH II he refers back to this saying exactly what is printed in HOH I, no error here.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:11 AM

I'm only up to page 109 in vol II. Can you point me to the page? The more I read the passage in vol I, the less sense it makes to me. The first half of the sentence is "With king-queen I would play in all middle positions...." This has got to mean either raising or calling. I've never heard of anyone "playing" a hand for a fold.
Old 06-21-2005, 02:17 PM

ok. a little confusion here but...

in HOH1 on page 185 it is stated:
[ QUOTE ]

"In a waker game with king-queen suited, raise 50 percent of the time and call 50 percent of the time. With king queen offsuit, call 50 percent of the time and fold 50 percent of the time.

In middle Position these hands do a bit better. With king-queen I would play in all middle positions, with a mix of 60 percent raises and 40 percent folds."

[/ QUOTE ]

When I read this I too thought he must mean call in both of these situations, with the middle positions being more likely to be call than early positions, and by the way the all middle positions doesn't change his comments, he is just saying in pos, 3,4,5,etc. If you notice in parts where he talks about middle pp's he starts playing some in late-middle positions instead of early-middle positions and is just saying that kq IF played would be played in all of the middle positions. Anyway, here is from HOH II page 187:

[ QUOTE ]
"In volume 1 it is recommended to call this hand 50 percent of the time and to just fold 50 percent

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure he means fold in the middle positions sometimes too but from looking and seeing errors in the book, including typos, etc it makes this confusing. ESPECIALLY for a new player. Sorry if i rambled I just woke up.
Old 06-21-2005, 06:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Everyone:
It's been my experience for years that when you don't take the crap the attitude of the attacker quickly changes.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

I once had a super smart boss who was gracious in all things, freely acknowleded his own mistakes, and always looked for the best in anothers' arguments. That also shut down attacks pretty well with the added benefit of turning his worst critics into his biggest fans.

BTW, HOH Vol I is an excellent book that has improved my game. I look forward to Vol II.

Best Wishes,
Old 06-22-2005, 12:10 PM

I don't own this book yet, but have it on my purchase list. I am pleased that some errors in it have been noticed and noted so that I can make the appropriate corrections when I get it. I am surprised however, that someone hasn't started a thread specifically just to point out these corrections. I don't mean a thread to criticize the publisher or request an errata sheet. Just a thread with the corrections simply stated. I think that would be very useful and probably well received.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't own any of your books,

[/ QUOTE ]

So why are you posting in the Harrington on Holdem thread? Just to troll?
Old 06-22-2005, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I don't own any of your books,

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm...so, where do you play--if you don't mind my asking?

Gotta love that Mason's way with words...he's the Charlie Rich of the poker world.

---Leavenfish
Old 06-23-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So why are you posting in the Harrington on Holdem thread? Just to troll?

[/ QUOTE ]

People have talked about this book on other forums and this post was linked from there. I saw Mason's reply and I just thought it was totally out of line. I'm sorry. Next time I'll ask you if it's okay.