Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: Semi Results

I don't think the turn check is bad because a free card is dangerous, I think it's bad because you miss value.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: I Used The Whole Time Clock On This River

real tough, u cap it pansy
Old 11-29-2005, 12:41 PM

Raise the flop because 1) Button is very loose, 2) this is how you would play a seven or small pocket, and 3) there isn't going to be a "good" time to raise. This isn't stud and you are stuck with your lousy position for the whole hand.

Bet the turn. This error dwarfs anything you decided to do on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
I Used The Whole Time Clock On This River

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad move. Excessive thought time here could invite a cap.

You have to call the river. The basic principle at work is that you induced this action with your turn check so you cannot now fold. You may easily have confused them into overplaying their hands. This is what happens when you slowplay without adequate muscle to back it up.

Quite likely BB has a king, possibly K7. When a player who rarely folds has an AF of 0.8 that's not really very passive at all. This could be some super-duper slowplay on his part but kings are a lot more common than boats. Even if he is slowplaying it could be just a five.

No doubt SB really does have a five and you just need to hope you are chopping. The absence of an isolation PFR is some comfort concerning 77 and A5. Of course no guarentees to say the least.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Raise the flop because 1) Button is very loose, 2) this is how you would play a seven or small pocket, and 3) there isn't going to be a "good" time to raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I still think a flop raise is horrible in an unraised pot. I don't want the button folding overs or the SB giving up too early. The fact that SB gave up anyway is a fluke.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I Used The Whole Time Clock On This River

[/ QUOTE ]
Bad move. Excessive thought time here could invite a cap.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't get this.

If button has a losing hand, I'll be glad to invite a cap. If we're tying, I don't mind a cap. If he's got a better hand, he's not capping because I took my time.

[ QUOTE ]
1) Quite likely BB has a king, possibly K7......Even if he is slowplaying it could be just a five.

2) No doubt SB really does have a five....

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you meant button in the first statement, and if you did, and both above statements are true, I'm quitting Party Poker. There should only be 4 fives in any deck.