Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2005, 05:00 PM

Default Re: Pizza

[ QUOTE ]
You guys do know, unless you live in Chicago, Boston or New York, (or according to Something Clever - Portland. cough cough) theres a large chance that the pizza you think is great, actually sucks. right?

[/ QUOTE ]

St. Louis style, depends on teh person, but Id wager to say that in STL you can find the best pizza on the planet, if youknow where to look, from deep dish, to super thin crust.
Of course, I live on the hill, and have to order half the time from old ladies that still speak sicilian as their first language.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:03 PM

I've heard of some New England areas with good pizza...I have experienced nothing like this first hand though.

Nor will I ever.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:04 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En respuesta a:</font><hr />
I've heard of some New England areas with good pizza...I have experienced nothing like this first hand though.

Nor will I ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm only slightly serious about my place being the best in the world (it is in my sample) but I know countless others who love this place "Antonio's" a few towns over from me. I need to try it. My town has so many pizza places that do 2 for 1 but just charge like 12-15 bucks for the first one it's kinda silly.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:51 PM

Of the places I've lived

Portland
Flying Pie Pizzeria - the very best
Bridgport Brewery - not quite FLying but but still excellent
Pizza Schmizza - as good as Bridgeport, the only one of the 3 that's the new york (read: thin) style.

Seattle
Flying Pie Pizzeria - there's one here too, awesome.
Pizzeria Pagliacci - On par with flying pie, new york style, makes a pizza with calamata olives, garlic, goat cheese, etc. oh man.
Pazzo's - Mere blocks from my old house, number 2 in the country on citysearch. GOod thing I never had to drive there

Columbus
There was a place on high street I went to that was better than your pizza huts/round tables, but I don't remember the name. There was also gumby's pizza that made marginal pizza and awesome things called pokey sticks.

Las Vegas
For the Life of me I can't find any high quality pizza here. The best pizza I've had has been at the pizza place in New York New York which is good but not the same caliber as the portland/seattle placexs. Help! (hmm, seems like a new thread)
Old 09-06-2005, 06:14 PM

I'm sure this has been mentioned a dozen times already in this thread, but just to make sure EVERYONE knows about it, Antonio's in Amherst, MA is the best I've ever had.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:21 PM

I'm in DC. Pizza sucks here, especially Georgetown area. Only options are fast food pizza or gourmet pizza.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
santa cruz has horrid pizza, bummer [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

rj

edit: pizza my heart is good, but retardedly expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

True but the price is worth it if you can only choose between pizza my heart and round table!

Some Mom and Pop's by my are good..

1. Andiamo's
2. Giovanni's
3. Tomatina (not a Mom and Pop though)
Old 09-06-2005, 06:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seattle
Flying Pie Pizzeria - there's one here too, awesome.
Pizzeria Pagliacci - On par with flying pie, new york style, makes a pizza with calamata olives, garlic, goat cheese, etc. oh man.
Pazzo's - Mere blocks from my old house, number 2 in the country on citysearch. GOod thing I never had to drive there

[/ QUOTE ]

Flying Pie is fantastic, and Pagliacci's is damned good too- epecially their seasonals. Haven't tried Pazzo's.

Northlake Tavern makes a pretty good pie (if you like them deep dish with a TON of ingredients), and Piecora's is decent too.