Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 12:13 PM

Default Re: Why would anyone use the Neteller Debit Card

[ QUOTE ]
It's also a geat tool for keeping your personal money and your poker money seperate.

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the difference between personal money and poker money?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Aren't you supposed to keep your roll separate from your "regular" money?
Old 09-19-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's also a geat tool for keeping your personal money and your poker money seperate.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no difference if you ask my shop-a-holic, spending addict of a wife. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 02:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And if you lose your "roll" how do you replenish it?
Old 09-19-2005, 07:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm thinking that keeping it seperate is probably the first step in not losing your roll.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I'm thinking that keeping it seperate is probably the first step in not losing your roll.

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say you did lose it. Where would you get more money to keep on playing?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's say you did lose it. Where would you get more money to keep on playing?

[/ QUOTE ]

It depends on the players situation. Let's assume this hypothetical player is a winning player.

If poker is the sole income of Joe Shmoe, hopefully he has been putting some aside as part of his nut for savings. Which he may or may not want to take or borrow from. Or he may get a job to rebuild his roll. Maybe he can borrow some cash.

If Joe has a normal job in addition to poker income, he may use the options above, or dig into his normal budget of paying bills, saving for retirement, etc....

What are you gettin at anyways? It certainly doesn't matter if you keep all your money in one shoebox or two, but if you want to treat poker like a business it makes sense to keep it organized doesn't it?
Old 09-20-2005, 10:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What are you gettin at anyways? It certainly doesn't matter if you keep all your money in one shoebox or two, but if you want to treat poker like a business it makes sense to keep it organized doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in theory. Whenever I see people say they have a seperate poker bankroll, I have to ask myself what does that really mean? Does it mean if they lose their poker bankroll (x) they will never touch their personal bankroll (y)? Or does it simply mean that if they lose x they will replenish it with y. It means the latter in 99 out of 100 cases, so the bankrolls were never really seperate in the first place.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in theory. Whenever I see people say they have a seperate poker bankroll, I have to ask myself what does that really mean? Does it mean if they lose their poker bankroll (x) they will never touch their personal bankroll (y)? Or does it simply mean that if they lose x they will replenish it with y. It means the latter in 99 out of 100 cases, so the bankrolls were never really seperate in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

Only in theory is exactly the point.The more applications you can put into practice to support the theory, the more likely you are to get the best results of said theory.

A BR is it's own entity. It's origin is irrelevant in terms of BR replacement i.e. if your bankroll started from winning 1000 from a scratch of ticket, you couldn't count on that to re-start another. A BR and it's origin are not the same money i.e. if Bill Gates gives me 500 for a BR I am not a billionaire.

Putting proven theories, whether mathematical/human nature etc., into practice over, & over, & over again is what we do as a business. Applying this theory doesn't physically make money for a player, but a strict discipline of it will help prevent against events that can lessen the bankroll. We know that to "not lose" money is equal to making money, therefore use of this thoery in a roundabout way, does makes money.

I do agree that most are in the situation you described above. I am also aware that you already know everything I'm babbling about. I'm just enjoying my first in depth debate/discussion on 2+2. Thank you for mixin it up with me.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:57 PM

you can take $500 out twice consecutively at WA Mut machines to get your daily $1k