Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2004, 10:06 PM

Default Agreed.

There are plenty of nice folks on this site like myself, El Diablo, and Buckshot.

There are a lot of bad apples on the site who offer nothing but insults and questionable advice, and I guess we just have to deal with those folks.

TSP
Old 11-02-2004, 12:18 AM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: A harsh but honest message to all 2+2\'ers

[ QUOTE ]
When you have to tell someone to be nice, it's usually a waste of time.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's a keeper
Old 11-02-2004, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He appears to be a nice and gracious man and would never choose the heinous acronym posted earlier (i.e. STFU)

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm... I wasn't aware that Mr. Dawson was permitted to choose the survey results for use on the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

please don't nitpick with me about this...if theres something i know it is these

1) Honor
2) Grace
3) Kindness
4) Trying to make the world a better place
5) Trying to make poker a better game for all
5) Family Feud with Richard Dawson (and if you want to throw in some Ray Combs too go right ahead...i stopped at louie anderson)

Worst Family Feud answer of all time:

Name something you bring to the beach--->answer: Turkey

2nd worst answer of all time

Name something you find in a birdcage--->answer: A hampster

hey the poster above started this with that STFU! reference..i take insult to that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you for real? You can't seriously act like that in real life or you would be either ridiculed or punched in the face. Poker is a man's (metaphorically) game, and no amount of whining sissies is going to "make it like polo" or some [censored] like that.

Doubly so that these forums are on the internet, and people say whatever comes to mind because there is no real need for a filter.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but nothing you do is going to change anything about poker or about the world.

And just to give another little taste of how cordial internet forums are:

[/ QUOTE ]

THANKS FOR THE PIC WAYFARE! Michael Knight and Arnold Jackson making a cameo appearance with Kit! Could you get a triple header better than this...now technically since you all know me pretty well by now...your going to know that I know that Arnold Jackson's name is technically Arnold Drummond...In on of the later and most heartfelt episodes of 'different strokes' Arnold and Willis gave Mr. Drummond a wonderful gift...whether it was lack of funds because Arnold had all his lunch money stolen by 'the gooch' (where's willis when you need him!) or just overflowing love for their adoptive father, both boys decided they would call Mr. Drummond 'Dad' and take his last name..now i dont know if in the script they ironed out all the technicalities of taking a last name, but you get the point. It was a wonderful gesture and if it werent for you Wayfare, I wouldnt have been reminded of that heartfelt moment in TV history...just beautiful...I can see changes in this site already...El Diablo made had a wonderful response to me before and now Wayfare offers me a gift saying its a great post...this is what i was looking for when coming to 2+2...a gracious sophisticated crowd ready to welcome and guided new members...boys you are on your way!
Old 11-02-2004, 02:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Clearly a troll.

Okay, I could buy that he doesn't like the forumns. I could buy he thinks people are too harsh.

But throwing the that anti-french line in? Classic troll.

Taking offense to Family Feud? Classic troll.

As far as trolls go, pretty subtle. I give it an A-

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the deal with the 'troll' comment? All i think of you is some sort of Gandalf looking creature from Lord of the rings trying to type with his staff. I have never been called a troll. I dont know if i should take offense. Am I on the wrong site. Is this 2+2.com or just 2+2.com masquerading as DungeonsandDragons.com...maybe its a compliment...if so thanks man!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:02 AM

Have you ever heard the BS that is spat out at a live B&M game??? 2+2 posters are kind in comparison. I am new to posting on here but I have learned to sort through the fluff to find the "NUTS" and this have improved my game. And some of the off comments and slams that I learn here I take with me to the B&M and use them to send the "better than I" players on tilt which helps my bank account just fine.

In 2+2 you just have to take it and give it, but please don't cry on the felt. People here will end asking 2 questions.

1. "Do you have the Nuts?"

or

2. "What did you say to make Granny mace you?"

Living, Learning, and Laughing
Big Steve [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2004, 10:15 AM

haha, I can just picture this troll laughing his as off as he sits there pretending Michael Knight, Arnold Drummond, and Kit are an awesome triple header.

Troll. You are going to have to tone the gay down a bit, it is becoming unrealistic.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You know who you are I won't name names. What I find is that responses to honest questions from beginners or intermediates are met with this crass attitude of superiority.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since you like being so blunt and forward with this post, I'll respond with the same sword. You obviously have never visited other forums with a regular subcriber and poster base? Slander, insults, demeaning statements, slanderous humor are a part of the nature of many forums. Visit the IGN forums and you'll just how stupid and pathetic some people truly are trying to gather +1 post counts. 2+2 has it's share, but for the most part it is a forum where many people do participate on a more intellectual level, provided that the original poster him/herself is somewhat intellectual. And yes, most of the time it is the regulars who do this, but the percentage is still small and the quality of the posts that do matter is incredibly high compared to a lot of the junk. Just learn to search and ignore the crap mmmmkkkaaayyy??

[ QUOTE ]
I made this post for one reason. Because poker players get a bad rap. They are, in general, seen as 'mopes', who waste away their day. They are seen as rude, ignorant and obnoxious by a large portion of society. So when I see rude and obnoxious comments to posts, I think this perception society has of the 'poker player' is substantiated.

[/ QUOTE ]

We'll some poker players are mopes who raking in more money than some Wall Street brokers can right now..so who's the mope?

But that's the problem right? You see everything on the outside. Ironically perception blinds you to the truth. If you learn to filter through the junk, you will find a vast array of information on this board that is literally money in your pockets.

Personally, I don't give a 2 cents rats butt about what you or society thinks about me. I'm a cable engineer by profession and I work outside in the cold, rain, sun, snow. I work in dirty conditions, and though my work isn't very labourous, it's kinda physical. And there's not a day that I don't love it. I drive an older beat up van, and my clothes are sloppy and I look like a bum most of the time. But I contribute a lot to society, 95 percent of my customers are happy to see me, and I get very well to do what I love. On top of that I have a wonderful investment in poker that makes me almost as much money as I do on my job. When I go out with my friends I don't have to worry about paying or whether or not the meal is too much. I don't have to worry about whether or not I can afford Canucks season tickets (though the NHL is on strike!!! FAGS!). In short, I'm financially happy and I don't give a [censored] about what society perceives about me and my beat up van and my bum looks!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Your post seriously pisses me off because you come here with a very biased view about the posters on this board, the way you think this board should be run without having even having perhaps probably doing enough reading first. You focus heavily on the negatives of this board, but fail to realize there's a lot of gold in this pile of dirt.

Go back to your false sense of image where you think pretending to be cool and popular still will make you happy.
Old 11-02-2004, 10:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had never really thought about it like that. I feel really bad and will never be mean again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Diablo,

Quit cracking me up... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-02-2004, 10:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lawrence, all I can do at this point is hope that I've done nothing to detract from your enjoyment. If I have, I humbly apologize and hope that you will forgive me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ladies and gentlemen, if you all are dignified enough to receive that title, here is a man of honor and integrity...see quote above. Thank you for that Diablo.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWHAHAHAHA!!!!
Old 11-02-2004, 03:15 PM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

[ QUOTE ]
"if you were a good player you'd be tough enough to take it."

for those of you who read this and it came off as a joke and nothing more think again. getting kicked around by the superior players/posters here made me tougher and taught me that serious poker is a big boys game full of obnoxious pricks like snakehead. and im all the better for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truer words were never written.