Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: I\'ve done good in Poker, What car should I buy

Happy medium warning:

Buy an Acura RSX-s - a bad-ass little bullet, sweet interior, fast and impressive. But still ~20k, gas-efficient w/ good depreciation.

Don't spend more than 25k on a car. It's a horrible investment. A car like the RSX looks and acts supersweet, but doesn't set your BR on fire.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:24 PM

Forget all the flash and trash cars and get a Mercedes. It doesn’t even have to be a new one.

You know how when you pull up next to a woman at a stoplight she just kind of stares straight ahead pretending she doesn’t know you’re there even though you know she knows? If you’re driving a Mercedes she will wink at you – and if you roll down the window and say “Lets have some coffee. I want to get to know you.” she will follow you.

Have you ever driven through places like the Agricultural Inspection station on the California / Nevada border? If you’re driving a Mercedes they just wave you through; no stopping.

The people at the drive-thru windows will fall over themselves making sure you have enough napkins, ketchup, salt, anything else I can get for you today, sir? And the guy at the car wash will wipe til his arms can’t wipe anymore and smile apologetically that he can’t do any more for you.

If you ever get stopped by a cop while you’re driving a Mercedes he will be very respectful and call you Sir a lot because he doesn’t know how rich or important you might be.

Although I find it kind of sad that people treat you differently depending on the kind of car you drive, they do ... and when it’s a Mercedes, it’s not just the occasional easily impressed chicky, but all sorts of people who really ought to know better. The difference is immediate, dramatic, and wide-spread ... you will notice it on the drive home from the dealership.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:52 PM

c'mon .... get a Purple Plymouth Prowler ... it's sexy as hell [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2005, 04:07 PM

Stupid question, Ferrari, duh. To get in your price range you should probably look for an older 308 or 328. Maybe a testarossa.
Old 09-13-2005, 04:24 PM

Old 09-13-2005, 04:46 PM

Oh yea, don't forget the vanity plates.

PKR-STD