Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-03-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Re: Has anyone checked out this NYC card barn yet?

Done. We can go there together, you won't get in otherwise! I'll send you a PM. Didn't recognise the nick, my bad!
Old 08-03-2004, 04:16 PM

Default Re: Has anyone checked out this NYC card barn yet?

[ QUOTE ]
Even then, it's a tough argument to make.

[/ QUOTE ]

No doubt! Thankfully its not our argument or legal battle, its theirs. We are just pawns in the game. But I could see how a deft litigator can try to manipulate it in a way that makes tournament play legal if a portion of the procees goes to the real house (the state government).

Hey... what do I care.... I moved out of NYC earlier this year! Hurrah for NJ! (first time I ever said that.. lol!)

In da club [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 08-08-2004, 12:45 AM

Default Would Like to Start an OnLine Petition for NYC Poker

>>One of the regulars who plays at PC is an attorney (I know because he is MY attorney, I brought him to PC for the first time 2 months ago). He has been looking into the legalities of our passion in NY State and NYC, but hasn't gotten far yet. Obviously it is a challenge that hasn't been won as of yet, and it helps that Bloomberg allegedly plays the game himself.<<

There are several websites featuring the ability to create online petitions and have them signed virtually. I am not a lawyer, but since you know one maybe you can get him to go to one of the sites, read up on what's needed, and create such an online petition. If your attorney friend, or anyone else who is an attorney, can do so and post a link on this thread, I'm sure you'd get enough signatures within a month to at least, possibly, get a legislative body to look at the issue. After all, there must be some politicians in NYC and NYS who play poker.