Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Blind defense against good player - KJs

what the hell. i typed out a super long reply to this thread last night. i must not have clicked submit. maybe ill take the time to type it out again if my headache ever goes away.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:41 PM

Whether this play is good depends on two things IMO.
1) Is he the type who will fire a third barrel on the river with hands like QT and other trash? If so you have just stolen the pot form him.

2) Will he fold PP's often? I probably would if I hadn't seen much trickery from you. The TAG needs to think you are bluffing more than 25% of the time in order for a call down with a PP to be +EV. Coupled with your call on the flop your line looks very strong since it is so expensive. So I think you will fold PP's quite often. He can't put you on a flush draw often enough since you were calling the flop.

An ace will often just call, so the times you risk getting 3-bet will be rare.

The more I think about it the more I like your line against a typical opponent.
Old 10-09-2005, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Think about this. At the beginning of this thread people were demanding that I 3-bet preflop because I have the best hand. Now the flop is 776 and we are discussing whether I should fold because I'm doomed?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't understand exactly what you're saying. Your equity against his range of hands just dropped on that flop.

So it sounds like you are saying you will peel the flop against someone who will only rarely check the turn. I don't think there is immediate value in doing this.

However, if the player is someone you think you can sometimes make a move on without hitting, this should add some value to your flop calls in the long run even if you don't make a move everytime.

Am I touching on some of your thoughts here?