Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 07:52 PM

Default Re: Criss Angel: Levitation

[ QUOTE ]
The way to fake people into thinking you're doing this must be the absolute best-kept secret in the world. We're talking Area 51 shite here.

All the vids are from 20 feet back? Clearly you didn't see the part right in the middle of Fremont Street out in front of Binions where he levitates a woman from the audience. Or the part in the park where they do the same thing and the shot is from no more than 3-5 feet away.

Maybe some laws are meant to be broken. So basically, until someone can prove that its NOT possible to do this...well, you know.

Before you get started calling me ignorant, whatever, yeah, I know all the Newton's laws and gravity, all that stuff. Maybe there's just some laws that aren't quite 100%?

EDIT ADD: Yeah, for all I know this is just some fancy illusion, but I can't come up with any way things like this are even close to possible, and its certainly not just camera angles and computer editing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Posters like this serve to prove why poker can be so profitable.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:27 AM

Criss Angel does the same thing David Blaine does. He performs a simple, but effective trick (balducci levitation, appearing to lift 2-3 inches off the ground) and captures the audience's reaction. Then, they film another version of the trick (the one we see on TV) performed with wires and other devices to make it look more impressive at home.

For example, the trick where he levitated on the chair and escalator. He most likely has trick pants and shoes that allow him to bend and lift one leg and take a step up while from the back it looks like he has both feet on the ground. Of course, they film it to look like he has people watching from all angles so it's not possible, but that's the magic of television.

Do a search on some magic newsgroups. There are lots of discussions regarding this.

Hint: no, he's not really levitating. He's not in league with the devil. It's an illusion.
Old 08-28-2005, 12:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The way to fake people into thinking you're doing this must be the absolute best-kept secret in the world. We're talking Area 51 shite here.

All the vids are from 20 feet back? Clearly you didn't see the part right in the middle of Fremont Street out in front of Binions where he levitates a woman from the audience. Or the part in the park where they do the same thing and the shot is from no more than 3-5 feet away.

Maybe some laws are meant to be broken. So basically, until someone can prove that its NOT possible to do this...well, you know.

Before you get started calling me ignorant, whatever, yeah, I know all the Newton's laws and gravity, all that stuff. Maybe there's just some laws that aren't quite 100%?

EDIT ADD: Yeah, for all I know this is just some fancy illusion, but I can't come up with any way things like this are even close to possible, and its certainly not just camera angles and computer editing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Posters like this serve to prove why poker can be so profitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh man, burn! Wait. I keep winning. Nice try douchebag. That really had a lot to do with anything anyway.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:42 AM

Edge. You're an idiot.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:43 AM

Fluxrad. [censored] off and die.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:51 AM

No no no. Please don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying you're an idiot in a condescending way. I just honestly think you're less intelligent than most people. I'm sorry if you thought I was talking down to you.
Old 08-28-2005, 02:59 AM

Please don't misunderstand me either, that when it comes to actual intelligence, I can virtually guarantee I'm smarter than you are. This thread taken mostly out of context can make anybody look foolish. I have written many times, sure, there is a GREAT LIKELIHOOD that it is all illusion, hell, I'll give you 99% at the least. However, I've looked into things like Balducci technique and stuff, and this doesn't appear to be the stuff on the show.

So, my last comment stands, [censored] off.

BTW, I'm done here, I'm not going to get into a pointless intelligence comparing pissing contest with you...it would just be far too easy in my favor.

I'm also not the only person who's said the things I've said in this thread. So you're even MORE of an assclown for just going after me. That's all.

If the mods are smart, they'll just delete this thread before it turns into nothing more than a flame war. Have a nice day.
Old 08-28-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
However, I've looked into things like Balducci technique and stuff, and this doesn't appear to be the stuff on the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://groups-beta.google.com

Search "criss angel levitation"

Simple tricks + television editing = looks impossible and unexplainable.

Think of it this way. A regular Joe watching Criss Angel thinks "wow, that's a miracle." Those in the know think, "nice illusion, that's a good performance of the X method."

I guess it's similar to playing poker. Those who think it's gambling think "wow, that guy is really lucky." Those in the know think, "wow, he's not making any mistakes."

Please don't mistake clever illusions for real magic. There's always an explaination behind the tricks.
Old 08-28-2005, 07:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread taken mostly out of context can make anybody look foolish

[/ QUOTE ]

only people saying really foolish things.

what exactly is the "context" for this thread? OOT? does that mean we're supposed to know you're being sarcastic or something?

sorry man. the fact that you're even saying it's somewhere close to 99% a trick is still idiotic. the chances that he found out how to defy the laws of physics are WAY, WAY, less than 1%.

this is coming from someone who believes in supernatural things.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is coming from someone who believes in supernatural things.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was digging what you were saying until you made a foolish assclown of yourself.

-ptmusic