Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2004, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Favorite Line from Full Metal Jacket

Q: "Is that you John Wayne? Is that me?"
Response: "Who said that? Who the f**k said that?" Who's the slimey little s**t, communist, twinkle-toed, c**k sucker down here who just signed his own death warrant? Nobody huh? The fairy f**king godmother said it."

"That's right Private Pyle, don't put forth any f**king effort to get over the obstacle. After all, if God wanted you up there, he'd have miracled your azz up there by now. Wouldn't he? I bet bet you if there was some p***y up there you could make it."
Old 12-09-2004, 10:38 AM

You little scumbag! I got your name, I got your ass! You will not laugh, you will not cry, you will learn by the numbers I will teach you. Now get up, get on your feet! You had best un-[censored] yourself or I will unscrew your head and [censored] down your neck!
Old 12-09-2004, 10:38 AM

Default Ermey...

[quoteI read an interview with Ermey, who was a Marine Drill Instructor before he retired and later went into show biz. For much of that dialogue, Ermey would go into his old DI routines on the set, and then he and the writers and the director would sit down and turn what he had just said into a script. Ermey said that one of the characteristics of a great DI is being a great stand-up comedian.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was actually a Marine Combat Correspondent from 1987-92 & oddly enough this was the last movie I saw as a civilian before shipping to boot camp. I had a couple of opportunities to meet Ermey while I was in and he's a great guy. He still loves to hang out with the young Marines too. We had quite a few beers one night at the enlisted club in San Diego. A guy I trained is still in and stationed in Okinawa right now. He sent me a picture he took with Ermey at their Marine Corps Ball just last month where Ermey was the guest of honor.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ermey probably harangued and intimidated the actor they had casted to be the drill instructor so brutally that he ended up crying and quiting after Ermey kept relentlessly referring to him as "that queer."

[/ QUOTE ]
When I was a Marine Combat Correspondent, I had the opportunity to give Benjamin Bratt a tour around the Marine Corps Recruit Depot as part of his "research" for a part he was going to play in some movie (Blood In Blood Out?). Anyway, without telling him what was going to happen, I took him to receiving barracks and told him to stand on the yellow footprints. That is the first place the new recruits stand when they get off the bus from home. I then waved at the DI inside to come out and introduce the new "recruit" to the Marine Corps. That DI verbally tore him up one side and down the other for about five minutes. Benjamin Bratt scared to death. He was actually shaking. Those DI's just know how to instill fear. It was so funny. Afterwards Bratt was very nice. He said thanks and it would really help him get in character. That was in like 1989 or 1990, but I'd bet anything he still remembers it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-20-2004, 02:23 AM

i simply cannot believe this line hasn't come up yet

I don't know but I've been told
eskimo pussy is mighty cold