Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2004, 11:04 AM

Default Re: The reflections of ThaSaltCracka

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
6. I can't stand fans who say "we" when talking about teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because you're a Yankees fan from Seattle. You just don't get it. We are the Red Sox :P

[/ QUOTE ]

girlg girls girls.....
Old 10-21-2004, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I agree they were closely matched teams. I just thought the Sox were a little bit better, based mostly on the reasons you stated before the playoffs started - shaky starting pitching.

Maybe AK vs. 22 would have been a better analogy.

[/ QUOTE ]

But then you couldn't have stolen it from an ESPN article. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which ESPN article? Link please! I did think I was being original.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:24 AM

Default Re: The 2nd best MLB moment of the year

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 10-21-2004, 11:41 AM

your avatar went from awesome to hella lame.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:42 AM

pot meet kettle.

just call me predator, because I am constanly changing.
Old 10-21-2004, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't stand fans who say "we" when talking about teams. I was at the bar watching the game, pounding beers, and behind me, this idiot keeps on yelling out the score as if we all can't see. When Damon hits his second homerun he says "Yes, we are now up 8-1". You know what dipshit, you don't play for them, so there is no we, there is just them. Anyways, then he says to his wife/gf "Damon never hits homeruns, he is like Ichiro". I really hate listening to people who know nothing about baseball talk like they do. They simple fact this guy said this tells me that he is in fact not a true Bosox fan, because any Bosox fan knows Damon hits way more HR's than Ichiro.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this point did justice to the level of complete dumbassery that was displayed by this guy. He was definatly not a credit to the Red Sox fans race.
Old 10-21-2004, 01:00 PM

well anyone who claims to be a sox fan and then claims Damon hits as many homeruns as Ichiro truely must be an idiot.

We learned about Damons HR hitting ineffiency in between stories of last years trip to Sun Valley, which was coincidently around this time last year.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:39 PM

"they filled some of their needs before the season with players that really didn't improve their team."

Here I disagree completely. They lost three pitchers who had won 52 games and still won 101 games. Brown, Leiber, Vasquez and El Duque won 46. Leiber and El Duque were plessant surprises; Vasquez lost his way somewhere toward the end but ptiched very effectively the first half. Brown was pitching very well before the parasite problem.

The needed a right fielder and signed one who had an MVP type year. They got A-Rod who will give them many solid years going forward. To replace the second baseman, they got a guy who hit .290 and played solid defense. And to fill the set-up roll, they got Tom Gordon who was rock solid all year.

They had the best record in the league and came within one inning of sweeping.

A reaction of panic would be ill-advised. I'd like to see an upgrading of their starting pitching, which I've been questioning all year.
Old 10-21-2004, 02:58 PM

I don't think they improved their team, they just filled the wholes that were created in the offseason with players. Imagine if they had kept Clemmens, Wells, and Petite this year, where do you think they would have been? Probably right around the same spot.

[ QUOTE ]
A reaction of panic would be ill-advised. I'd like to see an upgrading of their starting pitching, which I've been questioning all year.

[/ QUOTE ] I am not panicking Andy, because I know they will do something in the offseason, I would just like to see a youth movement in the Bronx next year.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:12 PM

I love you too.