Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 08:36 PM

Default Re: The Experiment on Doyles Room

[ QUOTE ]
Its goinig to sting very badly if this kid works his way up to a few hundred, and then finds out that he can't cashout because he's underage.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's also going to have to deposit before he can cashout and mommy and daddy might not like having their bank account tied to a neteller account tied to poker sites that may or may not be legal.

but all that is for another day... at this point playing penny tables and trying to learn the game is a good way to spend free time.

FishNChips
Old 11-01-2005, 08:39 PM

You are definately going to have to get a littel lucky to build this up into even a nanolimit roll. But I really like yr spunk. Several people have taken some shots at you, but I don't think it's been deserved. Most of the respected posters have offered you encouragement along with some sound advise.

I'm not familiar with Doyle's Room, but the single table SnGs for 10c might be the way to go. You have only 15 buy ins, so you will need to get a little lucky. The 2c/4c tables (where I started by the way) might be a little too high variance, though the game is that much softer since it's probably not raked. I think playing the SnGs with 15 buy ins until you have around 100bbs for the nano game ($4) would be the best plan of attack. Then I would start at .02/04. Anyone dissagree?

I wish you all the luck in the world.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:54 PM

At one time my BR was $14. I've played 80K hands this year at levels from 2/4 to 15/30. I've never deposited a dime beyond my initial $50.

It is possible.

I'd take at shot at the $0.02/0.04 games when you get to about $2. Sure, that's only 50BB, but hey, it's only $2 we are talking about.
Old 11-01-2005, 08:56 PM

f%#$ the 400BB rule at this level. Take shots when the games look good with 1/3 of your roll. Only way to move up fast. And if you go bust look in the dryer, under the couch, ashtry lots of options
Old 11-01-2005, 09:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
f%#$ the 400BB rule at this level. Take shots when the games look good with 1/3 of your roll. Only way to move up fast. And if you go bust look in the dryer, under the couch, ashtry lots of options

[/ QUOTE ]

I tend to agree with this. Who cares about a high risk of ruin when you can most likely freeroll your way into a bankroll the same size as your current one anyway, without too much more difficulty.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would think you could probably collect 10 cans per hour (50C per hour) and maybe stumble accross a nickel or dime on the streat in that time as well...

SO unless you are making 60 bb/100, my argument and logic are correct that you would be better off collecting cans for a bankroll.

BTW, you guys are morons

[/ QUOTE ]

That wasn't your original argument. Are you capable of going back and re-reading your post or do I need to quote it for you?

I'd better quote it...

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus, are you guys joking??? I almost peed myself reading this.. Yah, yer gonna probably build a monster BR with .01 and Im sure the play is really solid at the .01 level as well so you should learn some great technique.

Unbelievable.

Email me and I will transfer you 50 bucks on party if you promise never to post anything so GD stupid again

[/ QUOTE ]

So which is it?

No one is arguing that there may be faster ways of building a bankroll than by playing .01/.02. However, it's not completely useless. He'll get better just by playing non-play-money games. If you can't see that, then who's the moron?
Old 11-02-2005, 05:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok.. do the math... Please tell me how long it would take to build even 5k...

Starting at .01 winning a HEALTHY 3 bb/100 and playing 1k hands per week..

Moving up in stakes to next limit once you have 400 bb as a bank roll....

lets see the math, and that assuming HE NEVER has a losing streak.

The people supporting this are absolute fools, I would venture to say that anyone supporting this argument is playing no higher than 3/6....

And if your playing 3/6 or lower...
1. You arent a good player
2. You arent earning much of a living from poker

I would think you could probably collect 10 cans per hour (50C per hour) and maybe stumble accross a nickel or dime on the streat in that time as well...

SO unless you are making 60 bb/100, my argument and logic are correct that you would be better off collecting cans for a bankroll.

BTW, you guys are morons

[/ QUOTE ]

Two years ago I built my bankroll up from 5 dollars playing the micros at pacific. Now my only income comes from poker. I quit my job a year ago.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:05 AM

My roll started from .01/.02 NL at UB.

scrub