Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2005, 12:53 PM

Default Re: 5/10 SH variance.

If I'm playing multiple tables, I sometimes set a stop loss. 2 buy ins or about 50bb. At this point, I feel that even the fish aren't afraid of me or have figured something out. I'll just switch tables at that point.

It's weird, I'll be playing 3 tables. 1st, I'm down 30bb. 2nd, I'm up 30bb and the 3rd I'm running even. I don't mind multi-tabling at this point, as I know I'm playing well (at least not tilting). Just leave the -30bb table and find a better one...
Old 08-12-2005, 01:17 PM

Ive stayed at this table when he bad beat me 6 times in a row. then he bad beats me 10 tmes in a row, next 13, next 15....... It just doesnt stop. So I go to a new table.

Maybe mathematically it makes no sense. Took about 4 times of losing $500-%900 each at certain tables thinking "there is no way this idiot can outdraw me on a 4 outer again?!?!" before I just said [censored] it and decided its better for my sanity to go somewhere else. I was just being outlucked.

Come on you ever go to a tournament where the largest moron keeps sucking out every hand on players? I have.

Call it whatever, cosmic string theory, improbability of the improbable. I just know that when I start seeing me lose hand after hand after hand...... to bad beats and it makes no sense and I'm NOT on tilt. Then I just move.

Last night was a perfect example of this except no matter where I moved I lost. I stumbed down to lower full table limits to test out game times and I lost 90% of the hands I should have won vs 1-2 opponents. I think a player has to know when its not a good day to play.

On the other hand I have had a few (although less) days where I can't be beaten. Doesnt make a difference what I do. So I continue until it ends. Ride the wave and know when the wave is drowning you. Just never saw it so bad SH.

One of the few times before I did have a $900 beat night players just kept bluffing at me constantly, and I kept calling them down with the better hands, and they kept sucking out on me. Theyd reraise PF my QQ with a 56s and hit a flush. It just happens. I learned to accept it. No sense in fighting bad luck when it keeps slapping you in the face. Eventually those players start screwing with you making your decisions harder and taking away the bluff tactic. They start thinking "hes so unlucky, Im going to [censored] with him now and he will fold wait and see" or "Ill just call him down, he hasnt hit anything in an hours" hold 23o with a pair of 2s on the board.

One escalates on the other. And no matter how cool you are eventually you make 1-2 mistakes. If they are big bet mistakes then thats 1-2 BB per hour.

So add a little tilt, bad players being tricky, you can't bluff. How much is that in money? I go somewhere else.
Old 08-12-2005, 01:40 PM

I play 2 tables, so then it should be 1000BB?
Old 08-12-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I play 2 tables, so then it should be 1000BB?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, a flat 500BB if you multi table would be my recommendation.