Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 05:39 PM

Default Re: affects of 2+2 on me

HE told me not to.

"Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, to the close of the age."
Old 07-19-2005, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"The amount of persecution that the early Christians faced is greatly exaggerated by Christians. The supposed martyrdom of some of the jesus' alleged disciples wasn't recorded until a few hundred years after they supposedly happened. They outright lie in claiming that Jews persecuted them, so there are probably some lies against the Romans as well. Sure there was some persecution by Romans, but many just practiced their religion quietly and weren't bothered. "

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds a little to me like saying, the persecution of the Jews in Europe throughout the Middle Ages has been greatly exagerated by Jews. My hunch is that your statement would get a lot of criticism from Historical Scholars.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not the same thing at all. Most "historical scholars" agree that the persecution of the Jews during the middle ages (e.g. - the inquisition, the massacre of entire Jewish communities during the crusades, laws which prohibited Jews from owning land or practing most professions, etc) really took place. We have non-Jewish as well as Jewish sources, including records of many of the various antisemitic laws and reports from varous priests and church leaders.

While there was some persecution of Christians by the Romans, the amount is greatly exaggerated. There is no record (outside of Christian sources written a few hundred years after the alleged events) that any of Jesus' alleged disciples were martyred. Outside of the Greek Testament (and other Christian writings written even later), there is no evidence that they (jesus' disciples) existed at all. And Christians didn't start claiming they were martyrs until about 200 years after that.

Contrary to evidence, Christians apparently like to believe that they are really a persecuted minority. They think that if Christianity survived under so much persecution, it strengthens their case that Christianity is a true religion from God. However, followers of many different religions have died for their beliefs. That argument would actually prove that Judaism is the true religion, because we are the ones that have actually suffered the most persecution throughout our history.

Even modern American Christians will sometimes claim prejudice against them when non-Christians fight back against Christians who are trying to shove their beliefs down everybody else's throats. They just like to claim that they are persecuted.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:36 PM

Who is right about this subject is irrelevant. Anybody who truly believes all the specifics of any religion is far less likely to cure cancer (even as they WISH more than others that cancer be cured) and thus deserves to have hardships.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:41 PM

What is relevant David, is that your most recent post here shows that you have a focus that is entirely on this present earthly life, whereas we believers of whatever stripe have one that is on the eternal life to come, compared to which any earthly hardships we suffer now deserved or not, are trivial compared to the infinite gain we hope to receive.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:45 PM

bossJJ --
"While there was some persecution of Christians by the Romans, the amount is greatly exaggerated. There is no record (outside of Christian sources written a few hundred years after the alleged events) that any of Jesus' alleged disciples were martyred. Outside of the Greek Testament (and other Christian writings written even later), there is no evidence that they (jesus' disciples) existed at all. And Christians didn't start claiming they were martyrs until about 200 years after that. "

So you reiterate. I reiterate my hunch that your statements would meet with much criticism by historical scholars.

PairTheBoard
Old 07-19-2005, 07:50 PM

DS --
[ QUOTE ]
Who is right about this subject is irrelevant. Anybody who truly believes all the specifics of any religion is far less likely to cure cancer (even as they WISH more than others that cancer be cured) and thus deserves to have hardships.

[/ QUOTE ]

So your saying that Jews like bossJJ are also not likely to be doing Math or Chemistry or Medical Research?

PairTheBoard
Old 07-19-2005, 07:52 PM

"What is relevant David, is that your most recent post here shows that you have a focus that is entirely on this present earthly life, whereas we believers of whatever stripe have one that is on the eternal life to come, compared to which any earthly hardships we suffer now deserved or not, are trivial compared to the infinite gain we hope to receive."

Another terribly wrong post. Because, as I said before I believe that if there is God, he will reward those who seek to find the intricacies of physics and chemistry that he created and will be disgusted by blind sychophants.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:54 PM

Hah

Judaism: The only religion equally loathed by all creeds, races and nations wherever practiced. From pagan Romans, to Medieval Catholics, from Spaniards to Russians, Protestants and Muslims, Arabs to Germans etc. etc. etc...

But the worst enemy being themselves. The most intelligent athiest scientists, mathematicians, politicians are Jews who reject their religion. The most blessed race (which we still see by the disproportionate talents of Jews) has been held back by their false religion.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you reiterate. I reiterate my hunch that your statements would meet with much criticism by historical scholars.

PairTheBoard

[/ QUOTE ]

And I reiterate that you are wrong. How long do want to keep doing this? Why don't you just start providing some evidence for your beliefs? For example, what "evidence" do you have that any of Jesus' alleged disciples were martyred? And from what year is that "evidence"?

At least attempt to give rational responses as to why your beliefs are true, instead of just ignoring most of my posts.
Old 07-19-2005, 08:14 PM

"But the worst enemy being themselves. The most intelligent athiest scientists, mathematicians, politicians are Jews who reject their religion. The most blessed race (which we still see by the disproportionate talents of Jews) has been held back by their false religion."

I agree with your words completely (notice he included politicians, Pair The Board). In fact I already mentioned something similar in a previous post (the Jews Achilles heel). Very good.

Oh but there is one thing. Though you didn't say it, you seemed to have implied that if these same talented individuals had been brought up with a different religion, and then gone on to get the same education, they would have stayed believers. I think I just may differ with you on that.