Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2004, 01:36 AM

Location: Poker is like sex, I have no idea what I am doing and most of the time it is done sitting infront of a computer by myself-NC
Default Re: I lost 40 in about 3 1/2 months, here\'s how:

RoidBoi has got the skinny(pun intended)
Old 07-13-2004, 01:57 AM

Damn you may have just inspired me to lose weight. I went on the southbeach diet for about a month, i lost about 15 pounds, but Finals came arround and i stopped. I think now might be a good time to start trying to exercise again. I like dids plan, and while i need to lose in the neighborhood of only 30 pounds. If he can drop 80 i can drop 30. Anyway... good luck.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:22 AM

Default Listen up man

First Lets start off with the diet. NO DIET! i mean no diet with a proper noun such as ATKINS or SOUTH BEACH. the reason why is going on a diet assumes getting off. you want a life changing "diet" if you will. some easy and quick fixes are no soda and all water(gatorade and such for workouts is absolutely ok). you alone will drop tons from laying off the carbonation and consuming the water. water is very underrated. As for eating just stay away from the junk foods and fast foods. most posters have hit the head of the nail with this one so no need to go into great detail.

as for the workout running, biking, swimming are excellent cardio but you need to do them for extended periods of time. the poster that said you need to be drenched in sweat is right on. since your looking to lose weight and dont seem to interested in lifting weights(i may be wrong) dont worry to much about it at first. cardio cardio CARDIO! sit ups and crunches, though are a good idea as they help your posture and strengthen your back. so ab workouts are a good idea plus when you burn off that fat it would be nice to look down at a 6 pack ya? im rooting for you and best of luck to ya i hope we all have helped you [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-13-2004, 05:37 AM

The simple fact is if you burn more calories than you take in, you lose weight. Simple. Period.

How do you calculate how many calories you burn?
Old 07-13-2004, 10:30 AM

http://www.menshealth.co.uk/fitness/beginners/

This is a magazine in the UK that as it says deals with mens health, there are some good articles and examples of basic moves etc if you are wanting to avaoid the gym.
Old 07-13-2004, 10:48 AM

Default Re: Easy diet help

Ironically, after watching that movie "Supersize Me," I have been eating McDonald's more frequently than before. Something about seeing all those McDonald's logos got their image into my head. Yummm, salt.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:00 AM

Default Re: Easy diet help

Dont know if its happening in the states but in the UK Macdonalds is trying to rebrand as healthy eating, lots of salads and chicken dishes added to the menu.

They have also reduced the salt in Chicken Nuggets and running reassuring adverts for us worried parents about how happy we can be when our kids have them in happy meals. Unfortunatly that s all my daughter will eat when we go there.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:13 AM

Default Re: Dids\'s WSOP \'05 Get Less Fat Incentive Plan.

I just wanted to thank everybody for their responses. Kinda touching.

A lot of this fitness/diet (and yeah, what I'm doing is NOT going on a diet, but changing the way I eat) stuff I know, but some of the advice here has been fantastic. Of course, the harder part is applying it, and that's where The Plan comes in. I'm a creature of habit, and right now my habits involve too much ice cream and sitting on my ass. Hopefully what I'll be able to do is use this schedule to change to habits to involve more time at the gym and less McDonalds.
Old 07-13-2004, 12:38 PM

Default Re: Dids\'s WSOP \'05 Get Less Fat Incentive Plan.

[ QUOTE ]
I think that people who take offense to anything are morons.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think all Cretans are big, fat liars.

/mc
Old 07-13-2004, 12:47 PM

pop.. hahaha [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]