Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2005, 05:41 AM

Default Re: TPTK on a non-dangerous board

If you want to bust the villians pp or KQ for all of his chips you probably need to go to war on the flop.

However...if this opponent has displayed some aggression at going after pots even after being called, then I don't mind calling him down (by the river he/she likely will be allin anyway). I don't really think villian has a set....frankly, I think the villian either has 88 or KQ (and to a lesser extent AK) after the turn action. The problem is that your turn raise is so small that you now probably have to chase the raise b/c he could very well be bluffing.

On the flop since the villian showed interst I don't see a problem raising for value. Preflop and on the flop opponents love to call with marginal hands....for whatever reason they can't help themselves. By the turn/river perhaps they are thinking too much or are bored or something but they generally are much more likely to then make their bad laydowns.

I'd raise on the flop, hoping to get called (as then I'm putting the villian on a hand I almost surely beat). If the villian pops me back then you still probably have to call but I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Yugoslav
Old 08-06-2005, 10:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Yea Im basically responding to those who said raising on the flop was terrible or they didnt understand it or whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok so if OP raises and Villain puts him all in I assume we're calling right? I don't play this way so I'm really interested in how the hand plays out if Villain pushes/flat calls the raise, etc etc.

Thanks.
Old 08-06-2005, 04:10 PM

Yes, there is no chance I'll fold after raising the flop.