Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-13-2001, 01:20 PM

Default Agree Cyrus - Well Put N/T *NM*

Old 09-13-2001, 01:54 PM

Default Re: A giant step for mankind

I totally agree that if everyone in the Middle East, why stop there, the world had what they wanted peace would be more achievable. But after 5700 years of turmoil, hate and distrust I'm pretty sure that if there was a solution one would have been found by now.
Old 09-13-2001, 02:00 PM

Default Re: No relativism - here\'s the lowdown!

thanks Cyrus. That's what I meant! lol. I guess I was a little tired. My post was total gibberish.

natedogg
Old 09-13-2001, 05:18 PM

Default You\'ve obviously never been abroad

"America is the most free country ever - we are the MOST devoid of bigtory and racism"

Ever been to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Norway, Sweeden? Just some of the countries I've been to which you've obviously not been to. Like most Americans you think the entire world is comprised within the geographical border of the lower 48.

Old 09-13-2001, 08:28 PM

Default Re: No relativism - here\'s the lowdown!

"3. We believe they are totally wrong They believe we are totally wrong. Who is right? It is the side that can demonstrate the soundness of its arguments by reason and logic. A monotheistic fanatic who believes in the sanctity of women's virginity just because "it is written" cannot win the discourse against the enlightened western liberal who argues on the basis of biological, ethical and social reasons the opposite."

History has shown that reason and logic cannot win an arguemant against blind faith and superstition.

The person who is right is the one who wins the war.

Old 09-13-2001, 08:48 PM

Default Re: You\'ve obviously never been abroad

""America is the most free country ever - we are the MOST devoid of bigtory and racism"

Ever been to Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Norway, Sweeden? Just some of the countries I've been to which you've obviously not been to. Like most Americans you think the entire world is comprised within the geographical border of the lower 48."

This is a very good post Clinteroo.

This attitude does Americans no favour whatsoever especially when you consider Australia allowed women and our native people the freedom to vote long before America. I also believe New Zealand was the first country in the world to allow women to vote.

Also, I really hear about or see any rascist acts or comments in Australia but I am constantly hearing about them from America.

Old 09-13-2001, 09:13 PM

Default Passive Apathetic Americans

Cyrus,

I agree with your post. Logically how could this possibly benefit the people who are behind this? They will die and their comrades will die. They may get their kin killed as well. If this was the doing of the Palastinians they are basically assuring our backing of Israel. Does anyone think we will just sit around and take it? As I have said many times before whomever did this has sealed the fate of their group.

Zach
Old 09-13-2001, 09:29 PM

No nation is devoid of bigotry and hate. To claim our nation doesn't have these things in large supply is foolish. This is kind of a mute point considering there isn't a way to test this anyways. Although I would like to think that in my experience a great deal of americans struggle to get rid of intolerant ideas. Understand that the great majority of everyone I have talked to are NOT racist. I just hope recent events don't change this!

Zach
Old 09-16-2001, 09:34 PM

I agree with your post Zach.

I was stuggling to express myself when I wrote that.

It annoys me when I read posts from Americans that state how great they are and everyone else in the world are either worthless or ignorant savages. It becomes blatantly obvious that these people have no real idea what any other country in the world is like.

I too am guilty of this in some respects toward America as I have never been there. I am sure there are many highly intelligent people who reside there as evidenced by the high quality debate that have been raging on this forum for the last week. The only difference is that here in Australia, we are bombarded with American television (the serious and trivial).

In my opinion, Americans would be seen by the people of the world in a much better light if they lost the ignorant self-righteous attitude and firstly acknowledged that they are simply one country in this world out of many and then tried to understand that other countries have different viewpoints and cultures.