Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 02:34 AM

Default Re: AQo played properly?

By cold calling preflop I don't see how you intend on losing a big pot. There is less money in the pot so the subsequent bets will be smaller as most people base their bets on the pot size. Someone with an overpair isn't going to bet $20 into a $20 pot and then make the same $20 bet into an $8 pot. I think by re-raising preflop you are actually more likely to lose a bigger pot than by cold-calling.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:35 AM

so you are good enough to get away from TPTK despite villain's loose preflop standards?
Old 10-28-2005, 02:46 AM

lol. I'm holding onto my TPTK and I'm holding onto it for a lower cost. Are you saying you're getting away from it after you re-raise preflop and have even more $ in the pot? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm OUT OF POSITION! OUT OF POSTION! OUT OF POSITION!
Old 10-28-2005, 02:53 AM

no. I get broke with it if I reraise preflop. but I win so often when he doesn't flop something that beats single pair to make up for the times that I run up against his set or 2 pair.

you should really remove the lols. it doesn't make your case any stronger and its rather insulting. I already addressed the position issue and why you want to play fewer streets when you are out of position thus you want to force a decision earlier.

you seemed to want to play multiple streets 3 way with TPTK type hand which you flop only 1/3 of the time.

I can't convince you and I think I've given enough arguments for to make this discussion worthwhile in this thread so this is the last post from me.
Old 10-28-2005, 03:00 AM

"no. I get broke with it if I reraise preflop. but I win so often when he doesn't flop something that beats single pair to make up for the times that I run up against his set or 2 pair."

Interesting. I strongly disagree. You would have to win LOTS of small pots to make up for going broke. You are against a loose player here. There's no guarantee that he doesn't continue with mediocre/weak holdings after the flop. Well anyways it's been fun. Sorry if I insulted you with the LOLs but I couldn't help myself. I'm just having a little fun with you. I disagree with your opinion and clearly am not changing and you disagree with my opinion and clearly are not changing. No need to get upset. I tend to sound disrespectful at times but it is all in fun and I mean no harm. My best advice is get used to it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-28-2005, 03:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
reraise more preflop if you are going to reraise.

at least $3 and probably more

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, at least $4 imo. That way you're also taking charge of the hand and you have more credibility if you miss and want to lead out since you're OOP.
Old 10-28-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why does my preflop suck hard? I thought he was trying to steal from me, as indicated by his loose-aggressive pre flop playing style. I raised to protect myself from his steal, and i had a very good hand to do it with in the process.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, and raising it the minimum really protects you from a "steal" now does it

hit him hard, make it 4
Old 10-28-2005, 04:07 AM

In a ring game like this I don't like re-raising with AQo from the SB. I don't even like calling. You just end up with a large pot, out of position, with no hint as to how much the field likes their hands before you have to act. Moreover, if the original raiser has you dominated with AK, he'll probably just call your reraise, and end up with most of your stack on an A-high flop.

I'd fold preflop.

Once you re-raise preflop and then flop a Queen (much better for you than an Ace), I think you played the rest of the hand super-aggressively to protect your hand against flush and straight draws. If you think Ad Jd, Ad Kd, Ad Td, etc for villain are likely, or even a stronger draw like Jd Td (in which case villain should have pushed over your continuation bet on the flop), then your line is good. I just think I'd rather not even be in this spot because I'd have given up the $0.1 SB and folded.