Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who wants Granny to go away?
Me 4 40.00%
I do! 0 0%
Not only go away, but I hope you die. 6 60.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-31-2004, 05:15 PM

Default Re: What % of Zooers are POS scumbags?

Good post and good analogy Alobar, much better than robin Hood IMO.

Not sure what I'd do with the telemarketing check, but I'm hard pressed to feel bad about those sons a bitches getting screwed.

No way could I look at myself in the mirror if I kept that hundred at the ATM. Even if it was someone I knew to be a jagov, or some filthy rich bastard driving a new BMW (maybe because I don't buy into the class warfare propaganda, even though I'm a poor, goat roping, dirt farmer)

as far as the neteller topic at hand.. That's a tough one, I'd like to think I'd call them and ask if I could keep it(haha, yeah right), but things are tough all over, so I dunno. I sure as hell wouldn't make a quick withdrawl thinking I got away with something though. Even if I did, I don't think I'd complain about it getting stolen back, Now that's rich!
Old 01-31-2004, 05:15 PM

This calls for a clearer definition of theft.

The question theft is 'active' not 'passive'.

I just dont think that the fact that you don't inform someone of thier mistake is not theft. (You called 72o?)

If later they ask you about thier mistake and you lie.. then I think theft may comes into the picture.

Essentially sitting on the money in Neteller and waiting to see.. or taking the money out is in my opinion not theft. It is certainly dishonest.

Unless you deny or refuse to return the money. It isn't theft.

For example.. the ATM spits out 2 twenties cause they stuck together. SCORE! You leave a happy camper. This is a far cry from "robbing' or actively trying to steal from a bank.

I guess im just dishonest. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Matt

PS: Personally I like option 3... sit on it in neteller for a while a couple weeks or so. After that I'd take it.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:18 PM

Default Re: If you knew the situation and the apology I got it isn\'t theft

now if I stole something from them why the hell would they give me an apology and though I didn't keep the $1k they did compensate me a smaller amount.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
taping the WSOP with out the express written consent of ESPN, guess what? yup, theft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope. Only if you tape it with the intent to distribute or display for mass viewing in which you receive profit, like a bar or a PPV event.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:43 PM

Let me add.. the fact that there is no personal relationship here wieghs heavily on my attitude.

With a friend or personal acquantance... or even the cashier who has to account for her till at the end of the day I would feel differently.

But stick it to the man? I guess so.
Old 01-31-2004, 06:55 PM

I'd like too see if the same people who say this is stealing -do they claim their winnings to the tax man?I think that most don't and if this is so isn't not claiming your winnings stealing?Stealing is stealing I guess but some stealing is more morally wrong than the other.
Old 01-31-2004, 07:11 PM

What comes around goes around. As easy as it was for you to keep that 1k, as easy you have to accept it if someone would scam you of the same amount. No whining, no cry-baby act at the police station, just smile and move on. Can you?
Old 01-31-2004, 08:09 PM

What is it with you americans having to declare your gambling winnings to the tax man and having to pay tax on the winnings?

Can you claima deduction for any losses you make gambling?

if not it doesn't seem very fair,

in Australia you only pay tax on gambling winnings if you operate your gambling in a business like fashion. But you guys have to pay tax on lottery winnings? can all the people who lose money at vegas each year claim their losses as tax deductions?

Old 01-31-2004, 08:17 PM

Hey dink,

I don't have the full info on something like this, but information on gambling taxes here in the states is fairly easily available. If you claim your profession as "gambler" (or poker player in this board's case, hehe), you CAN deduct business expenses, which in this case would include some travel, books, record-keeping software, even computer upgrades in some cases...this is just some of what i've heard, but the info's out there.

-Edge
Old 01-31-2004, 08:39 PM

i think this is similar to the one that someone lost a Party account over...getting paid twice and taking the money out...Last I heard, he had a neteller account, but never said if he paid the money back, or used someone else's name.