Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-15-2004, 11:16 AM

Default Re: Serious question about ESP (I don\'t mean psychic or anything silly)

Who really knows for sure but I'll share an event that happened to me.

After I got my drivers license and being your typical impatient teen, I always went ahead and made a left turn at an intersection if a car was coming from my left with their right turn signal on. One day when I was maybe 18, I was pulling onto a major road and there's a car coming with it's right turn signal on. Prior to this, I don't think I EVER waited to be sure the car was turning before I went but for whatever reason, I waited this time. Lo and behold, the car kept going straight. Had I done what I had always done, I'd have been T-boned. I wish I knew what made me wait that one time - maybe it was some subconscious realization that the car was moving faster than normal to be making a turn - or some kind of 6th sense, I don't know. But that incident so totally freaked me out that I still remember every detail to this day (and quite a few days have elapsed since then!). And now, I ALWAYS wait.

FWIW
Old 01-20-2004, 06:24 PM

Default Re: Serious question about ESP (I don\'t mean psychic or anything silly)

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
And now, I ALWAYS wait.

FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

if you really believed in ESP then you wouldn't ALWAYS wait.. you would only wait when you got "the signal"
Old 01-23-2004, 01:45 PM

I somehow doubt that anyone *waits* to hear your responses, Daryn. A bit like the *beagle* on Mars, they think it's there, but no-one is getting any useful information out of it.
Old 01-24-2004, 06:55 AM

i pity you naphand, take your bad teeth and leave 2+2 for good.
Old 01-24-2004, 09:08 AM

I suspect you pity a lot of people Daryn, presumably because you believe they are below your intellectual abilities. But your sadly-lacking posts on the Forum, which appear to consists of one-line dismissals of others, are the least likely to to be missed on this forum: they contain no discussion or reasoning and appear to be knee-jerk responses to alternate opinions. I suspect you will be voting for "Dubya", as he seems to prefer very simple statements, with little or no reasoning behind them.

Toothless, but capable of stringing together more than a few words. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-22-2004, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Prior to this, I don't think I EVER waited to be sure the car was turning before I went but for whatever reason, I waited this time. Lo and behold, the car kept going straight. Had I done what I had always done, I'd have been T-boned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haven't I heard this story before, except it involved Michael J Fox and a Rolls Royce?

Oh wait, that was Back to the Future.
Old 01-22-2004, 01:25 PM

Alright, alright - enough with the wisecracks already.

Just think that if I had gotten T-boned and killed you wouldn't have read my story which took you a few seconds. Now when that runaway truck misses you by a few seconds instead of hitting you which is where you would have been if you hadn't read my story, you have me to thank for saving your life.

And if the truck hits you because you were a few seconds behind where you would have been if you hadn't read my story - oops, sorry!
Old 01-15-2004, 02:04 PM

You must've SENSED this stare, no?

Not necessarily. You may have picked up the stare in your peripheral vision but due to other sensory input the image didn't register in your conscious mind, but did trigger the action to look up.
Old 01-16-2004, 02:18 AM

Default Photoreading

You are 100% correct. The peripheral vision can pick up a lot more than direct vision. Probably by as much as a few thousand percent. The good news is that it can be developed. Think "Photoreading".
Old 01-19-2004, 05:05 AM

Default Re: Photoreading

I have no doubt that most of that is peripheral vision. But I also have to question how much the mind is aware of because I often wake up when some one is staring at me. I wish I could explain that because it freaks me out once in awhile.