Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2003, 09:43 AM

Default Re: Meeting of the minds....

NO offense, MG, but I think it could be a good idea........ if nothing else, it might give some who can't make the Tuesday night games another option for playing.

I'm seeing both sides of the coin here, though, and agree on the importance of the standard 2+2 table, don't get me wrong..... however, this could be another avenue for those that are either skeptical about playing the standard table, and a way for those just starting the game who belong to this forum an easier way to get their feet wet, so to speak.....

It's just an idea..... that's all
Old 11-18-2003, 10:19 AM

Correct me if I am wrong, Gomez, but here's the way I see things occurring. You classify the current 2+2 table as tight-aggressive. Your proposed table, if things go your way, will be tight-passive.

Here's the problem I see with that. Eventually, if you put ten good, thinking players at a table and everyone is folding to the BB, someone will get wise and start taking advantage of the table's tightness, and will get away with it if the table is expected to be passive. Your game is going to naturally evolve into the aggressive game we play, simply because that is the optimal way to play a table with ten tight players.

What do you expect to gain from a tight-passive table if you intend on staying in the microlimits for a while?

Doug
Old 11-18-2003, 04:19 PM

We could go to the local grade school and hire 9 kids to sit at the table and randomly push raise/call, then we could each take a turn sitting at the table with them and see how we do. Then post hands for analysis...sound good to everyone? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2003, 04:35 PM

Gomez, I think your idea is awesome. However, I think gonores is correct. There is no way to create the same "low limit Party game" with ten 2+2ers sitting at the table. I think he is correct in saying that most 2+2ers are tighter than the average player and thus the game will naturally migrate to the type of tight/aggressive game already being played on the current Tuesday night private table.

Now, just because the table is full of 2+2ers, does not mean there wont be mistakes. There will be plenty of mistakes, just not as many as you will get in a regular Party game. There is still plenty to learn from each other.

I also agree with some of the other comments here. The best way to learn is to play the hands, post a few of them here, and for God's sake PARTICIPATE in the discussion. Nobody here will slam you for making an incorrect statement. That isn't what this is all about.