Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 01:46 AM

Default You guys might want to read . . . .

Kurt Vonnegut's short story "Harrison Bergeron," and then go back and read the article again carefully.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:04 AM

Default absolutely wonderful! *NM*

Old 06-14-2002, 03:07 AM

Default Re: For all the Anti-Shaq clan out there...

i think the appeal here is to things beyond raw stats. of course the big guy is gonna be able to dunk it in everyone's face.

style points, Shaq is LAST on my list. i hate him. if i cared at all about the game, i would hate him with my very soul.
Old 06-14-2002, 11:38 AM

Default Re: For all the Anti-Shaq clan out there...

"Why should he shoot 3's"

The article doesn't say he should, the article said if he were 6'1" he'd have to, and he CANT, therefore he wouldn't make it in the NBA.

Ryan
Old 06-15-2002, 06:39 AM

Default Re: Great article

that 'oh if shaq were 6'1" he'd suck' argument is quite possibly THE most inane comment I've heard in quite some time. If Randy Johnson didn't throw so hard, he wouldn't be dominating. If Cris Carter didn't have great hands, he wouldn't catch a single pass. If Ichiro weren't so fast, he'd just be another utility outfielder.

What kind of ridiculous nonsense is that? Some people are blessed with incredible physical gifts, some are not. That's just the way things are. Shaq happens to be very big, always has been. As such, his game has always been that of a big man. He's never been asked to shoot 3's, why? Same reason Wilt, Kareem, and Hakeem have never done that. Shaq is NOT 6'1". He's 7'1". And he's huge. And yes, that's one of the reasons (if not the main reason) he's so dominant. But to keep 'if if if'ing about him is just meaningless.
Old 06-15-2002, 11:13 AM

Throwing fast, having great hands, and being fast are all, TALENTS + SKILLS. Being big is NOT a talent or skill.

Ryan
Old 06-15-2002, 11:30 AM

Being able to move better than the other so called "big" men in the league when he is like 50 pounds heavier than them is talent..

Time for the other centres in the league to hit the weight room..
Old 06-16-2002, 04:48 AM

I didn't say anything about talents or skills. I said 'physical gifts'. Can everyone throw 100+mph? Can everyone run to first base in 3.7 seconds? Is everyone 7'1"? I don't see any difference between all of them. Some people are just more physically blessed than others, and so it's pointless to say 'if if if' about that.
Old 06-20-2002, 06:47 PM

Default Traveling

I haven't watched much NBA ball lately. I'm from Denver. The Nuggets suck. 'nuff said.

However, the traveling rule hasn't been enforced for a long time. If you're shooting or passing, you're supposed to get a step and a jump, and release the ball before a foot comes down. It seems like you have to take 3 or 4 steps with the ball before there's a whistle.