Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 05:49 PM

Default Re: 3-handed against Metetron and a LAG

i don't see how this is a fold when the pot is 13:1 and hero could have 4 outs here. i know not closing the action is a concern but after all the flop action utg raising again on the turn is not as high as you'd think and if he does and metreon 3-bets then obviously you gotta fold. that is the risk you have to take to call.

there is no way metreon has a 7 (unless he has specifically 77) here and utg may or may not have one, but its also likely utg has a flush or overpair.

at best hero will be getting 14:1 with utg overcalling and at worst 16:2 if utg raises and metreon only calls. if it's 3 bets then you are out.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

You still may have the best hand. Metetron could just as well be holding QQ or JJ with the Q or J clubs or AK with the A clubs.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think this is possible then

[ QUOTE ]
I still make the call and fold the river UI

[/ QUOTE ]

seems off to me.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:02 PM

You still may have the best hand. Metetron could just as well be holding QQ or JJ with the Q or J clubs or AK with the A clubs.

then his flop play is terrible.

thr presence of the LAG here is what sucks. these guys often raise when they are not supposed to, and if he does metereon is most def 3-betttign this turn. you have to break down how often the LAG raise the turn here and then you have your answer. to those who say the odds are 16:2 if the LAG raises you are on crack. metereon is 3-bettting this turn almost always. he *knows* rob has an overpair.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]

then his flop play is terrible.

thr presence of the LAG here is what sucks. these guys often raise when they are not supposed to, and if he does metereon is most def 3-betttign this turn. you have to break down how often the LAG raise the turn here and then you have your answer. to those who say the odds are 16:2 if the LAG raises you are on crack. metereon is 3-bettting this turn almost always. he *knows* rob has an overpair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in the same place -- I wrote XX% as LAG's raising % and still haven't done the math, but think XX is pretty low because when the LAG raises we are putting one bet in and then not even getting to see the river most of the time ('cause Met 3-bets makiing it 2 back to us).
Old 11-21-2005, 07:39 PM

You got 4 outs imo since metetron has the flush. Thats enough for a call if the LAG doesnt raise..