Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-09-2001, 08:24 AM

Default Re: Jon: But it could be you or me!

Poker babe (aka),

I found your post so valuable to this discussion that I quoted you below. hope you don't mind.

Vince

"gave it back plus the original 600 I bought in for. .......After that intense $900 swing, I felt like an idiot, beat myself up for about a week and then decided that it was one of the best things that could have happened to me"

Read.

"The experience of losing is often the first step to understanding your relationship with money, with the game and with your perception of your abilities as a poker player."

Wow! Read, now read again.

"If I "catch" myself losing more than my share of chips, I just GET UP (at least for awhile) and re-evaluate whether I should be playing at that time, at that limit, at that table, etc. "

Might want to heed.

"Simply put, when you are beat financially, emotionally or professionally it's best to go home and regroup"

Heed.

"One of the HARDEST things to do is QUIT when losing. It's also hard to quit when winning."

Known to us all but worth reading.

"Keep talking to the great guys (and gals) on this website."

Double-Heed.

vince
Old 09-09-2001, 12:58 PM

Default Re: Jon: But it could be you or me!

Vince- I don't mind at all if you quote me. We are all here to share ideas and experiences and I'm glad to contribute some "lessons learned". I consider it a compliment that you wish to share my thoughts, and I continue to look forward to your feedback. I receive great infomation and ideas from your forum and I learn something everytime I scan the posts.! Thanks, pal.
Old 09-21-2001, 03:54 PM

Default Re: Wasted Advice

I was playing 2-4 Paradise poker with this player last night who lost two fairly tough beats and proceeded to steam away his entire two hundred dollar stake. He raised every single hand all the way to the river until it was gone. Today a friend of his told me that this "Jon" is the same person and told me to check out these posts. I won't disclose his nickname on PP out of respect for the dead but trust me when I tell you this great advice is wasted on this guy. He needs to quit playing poker. He is like a crack addict on a binge. 99% of the poker players in the world would be incapable of a tilt of this magnitude...and this just after his professed desire to "turn over a new leaf". Poker is bad for some people...this is one of them.