View Poll Results: .
Turning Stone Pro 83 72.81%
tdarko 31 27.19%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-23-2005, 09:11 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

Too sneaky for my taste.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Apartment building laundry ettiquite! Resolution necessary!

It's a little annoying on some level, but kind of like when someone makes a face when you fart. You kinda had it coming.

The laundry thing is more avoidable, too, so unless they're putting my stuff somewhere dirty or letting some of it drop on the ground and not picking it up, I'm cool with it, either doing it or having it done with me. I even think it can be kind of jerky holding the machines hostage by not moving your stuff. That gives people no choice. Heck, it's probably even passive aggressive.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:28 PM

Location: it\'s like a puzzle with pans. if you think about it.

i agree with you.

i understand when people move my stuff (though usually i'm pretty good about my timing), but when i have like 2 loads and one is clothes and stuff , and the other is underwear stuff, they always go for taking the underwear out,!

i always avoid the underwear dryers if possible when i have to remove someone elses laundry.

also, if all 5 dryers are taken, and i have 3 loads or something, i usually just remove stuff from one and deal with just using the one, rather than takings omeones stuff out of 3 of them, just cuz i feel weird doing it in the first place.

but yeah, holding laundry machines hostage is quite jerky.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:32 PM

This story makes me glad I have a washer/dryer in my apartment.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:36 PM

At least they're not wearing your underwear when you get there....or are they? [img]/images/graemlins/ooo.gif[/img]
Old 06-23-2005, 09:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kinda confused on the last bit. She's taken your clothes out 15 minutes early and now they're still wet? Tell her to fuck off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I assume that she took them out 15 minutes early -- but let's ignore that. Let's say my watch was broken, or the plug on the dryer fell out, or whatever.

Would you remove someone's WET clothes from a dryer? ...or would you assume that someone is still using that dryer?

Assume, since she saw that I came down immediately after my washer load finished, that she knows I didn't leave town, and I'm not a jerk who commandeers the machines for 6 hours.

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]
There is only one circumstance under which another person's wet clothing should ever come out of a dryer without his/her permission. That is if the person has left it in there for an excessive amount of time after the cycle was over.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the dryer is not running, I'm taking the cloths outweather they're wet or not. I shouldn't have to wait because I have no way of knowing if you'll be back in a few minutes, or a few hours. I'm not going to restart the dryer because I don't know if your cloths require hot or cold or permanent press, or if you want to hang the on a cloths line or whatever else people do with their laundry. (I'd hate to re-start the dryer, and then hear that your cloths shrunk or something.)

If you don't want me to touch your cloths, you should be there on time.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Kinda confused on the last bit. She's taken your clothes out 15 minutes early and now they're still wet? Tell her to fuck off?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I assume that she took them out 15 minutes early -- but let's ignore that. Let's say my watch was broken, or the plug on the dryer fell out, or whatever.

Would you remove someone's WET clothes from a dryer? ...or would you assume that someone is still using that dryer?

Assume, since she saw that I came down immediately after my washer load finished, that she knows I didn't leave town, and I'm not a jerk who commandeers the machines for 6 hours.

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]
There is only one circumstance under which another person's wet clothing should ever come out of a dryer without his/her permission. That is if the person has left it in there for an excessive amount of time after the cycle was over.

[/ QUOTE ]

If the dryer is not running, I'm taking the cloths outweather they're wet or not. I shouldn't have to wait because I have no way of knowing if you'll be back in a few minutes, or a few hours. I'm not going to restart the dryer because I don't know if your cloths require hot or cold or permanent press, or if you want to hang the on a cloths line or whatever else people do with their laundry. (I'd hate to re-start the dryer, and then hear that your cloths shrunk or something.)

[/ QUOTE ]
That's fine that you don't want to re-start the dryer because you don't want to damage anything, but you have to at least give the person a minute or two to get there after the cycle finishes.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-dB

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
That's fine that you don't want to re-start the dryer because you don't want to damage anything, but you have to at least give the person a minute or two to get there after the cycle finishes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I generally give a minute or two (but not five), but if someone moves my stuff right when its done, I don't think I can complain because if I didn't want it touched, I should have been there.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:54 PM

Taking them out when they're still wet slides pretty easily over into lame territory.

There's really no ground to stand on as far as what's fair to you, if you don't care if you're cool to someone else.

Seems to me that's kind of the thing you do when you're trying to pick a fight, or just totally into yourself like the girl was that the OP was talking about, kinda ME ME ME ME ME so SCREW YOU.

Don't take it personally, but, sorry, I think that's lame and kind of spoiling for a fight. Tbere's definitely aggression buried in it. It doesn't even cover that basic rule of fairness and getting along with people of first come, first served. You have to give the person at least 10 minutes or so to check their laundry -- some kind of reasonable time interval. The machine being stopped doesn't mean anything just by itself. And if they had the machine, first come first served means you have no business basically stealing the machine if they're not done with it. Which at least you could find out one way or the other if you give them a chance to check their clothes. If you don't do at least that much, you have no ground to stand on.

Seriously, if it was like my kid or I was a cop or something and someone told me he took someone's wet clothes out of the dryer and got punched for it, I'd tell him, "No kidding." and maybe "Some people have to learn everything the hard way, huh?"
Old 06-23-2005, 09:57 PM

I would talk to her about it and ask her (politely) to keep the hell away from your clothes. tell her that the dirty couch necessitated another load (i would re-wash if my stuff was put on a dirty public couch), and explain that she should not be removing your clothes from a running dryer, weather she is in a hurry or not. If it happens again:

I can solve your problem in three easy steps:

1: go to grocery stre and buy a salmon
2: wait until she does it again
3: you know.

well... i geuss that doesn't really solve anything, but fk her anyway.