Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2005, 08:25 PM

Default Re: bottom set

well he played it pretty well.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:34 PM

One of the best things I've ever heard at the table: "It's easy to look like a genius when you flop the nuts"

His play looks good since I also flopped a huge hand, but if I had flopped something weaker his flop checkraise would have let me get away from the hand very easily... if I have a pair of aces without a very strong kicker, I know I'm in bad shape there.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:36 PM

Well I think because his hand is vulnerable to getting outdrawn. But yeah, I might have just checked called the flop then check raise the turn.
Old 05-27-2005, 08:41 PM

As I said I think I would have called too without the time to go through everything like we have. So ultimately what do you think? Does he have enough two-pair hands here to make the call good? It seems like after going through it it looks like it might be a fold.

O yeah, A9 does probably seem odd since the 9 came on turn. What about A2, A3 maybe 23.

Well, anyway good thing he had the nuts on the turn and not one of the other sets [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2005, 08:47 PM

*yawn* standard?

The only thing is, I would have reraised his check-raise as not to potentially lose my action if a 4 or 5 comes on the turn.

Garland
Old 05-27-2005, 09:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My image should be pretty solid... but as I said, we had been playing six-handed leading up to this, and now it's four-handed so that may change some things.

This guy wasn't a nutjob and he wasn't going to be building a pot out of position with a marginal hand... maybe AK is enough for him to checkraise in a four-handed game on this flop, but I don't expect to see him with A9 or 99 or some of the other hands that people have mentioned...

I called his flop raise thinking "holy hell, I flopped a set four-handed and I'm getting action!" His turn bet still didn't worry me obviously, and I tried to build the pot.

When he came back over the top of that, I thought "damn, there's nothing I can beat that he would play this aggressively," which was followed quickly by "omg, I have a set in a four-handed game on a ragged board, let's double up!"

So I went ahead and called him, and I doubled up too, because his 54o was no goot against my rivered boat.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats hot...

rj