Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-13-2005, 10:30 PM

Default Re: scotty just can\'t seem to win?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
at least kaplan has been playing for years and knows the games, unlike queers like affleck just use there millions to get annie duke to teach them.. i have no respect for that kinda shite

[/ QUOTE ]

You are retarded. God forbid someone tries to learn the game quicker than you.

[/ QUOTE ][censored] for brains, what im saying is i dont like rich people hiring pros to teach them how to play i think its stupid as hell, i learned by playing at the card rooms and getting my ass kicked for alot of years..then some rich actor just goes and throws money at pros and says show me how...to me thats gay and i dont respect it.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you want everyone to grind it out like you? Affleck could clearly afford it, so why would he try to learn the harder way because some loser on the Internet wants everything in life to be fair?

When you think about it, why do rich people get such awesome cars, too? Stop whining about your life.
Old 05-14-2005, 01:03 AM

whining??? what the hell are you talking about, is this affleck..
Old 05-14-2005, 02:10 AM

Maybe Scotty is not as good as some thought.

Vince
Old 05-14-2005, 03:15 AM

i have come to the conclusion that you are extremely jaded, and possibly very poor. Tough [censored].
Old 05-14-2005, 04:32 AM

Maybe he doesn't respect him due to his choice of mentor?
Old 05-14-2005, 04:47 AM

jaded maybe, poor no. its not his mentor its that he didnt earn stripes playing in the card rooms, jesus im shocked that im the only one who thinks like this....do any of you play card rooms or are u all internet players...this forum shocks me more and more, when did poker become so full of soft cocks..
Old 05-14-2005, 06:06 AM

Old 05-14-2005, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
jaded maybe, poor no. its not his mentor its that he didnt earn stripes playing in the card rooms, jesus im shocked that im the only one who thinks like this....do any of you play card rooms or are u all internet players...this forum shocks me more and more, when did poker become so full of soft cocks..

[/ QUOTE ]

What? You think he never practiced, he just got lessons from Duke and charged out successfully? Clearly that wasn't exactly the case. I don't see why people who can afford it wouldn't take lessons from a pro. Helmuth charges 25K a day or something, from what I've heard, which I found ridiculous, but if you can throw around that kind of cash, go for it.
Old 05-15-2005, 10:49 AM

Aren't there three bridemaids on the WPT? Scotty, Phil Ivey, and John Juanda have all made numerous final tables in the WPT with no wins.
Old 05-16-2005, 07:27 PM

Scotty is a great player but he played horrible at the FT. Mike Sexton's quote that it was "just one of those nights, we've all had them" is false. Calling 500k with A9 vs Juanda without thinking it through was a mistake. Also calling an all in for 700k with AQo was a mistake. Sexton said he would also be suspicious of why someone would move in for 700k when blinds were low (maybe 20-40k). I would think Scotty would wait for a better spot with so little invest in the pot (he was SB). It's like someone pushing all in for $1k in a $10-10 game preflop. Either they have AA or something like 72o just to show off. And in that spot, KK becomes a good laydown. AQo is junk when faced with 700k and only 20k in the pot. Then Scotty moves in with 66 and runs into JJ. That's understandable, but he still had 400k left and was utg, why move in with 66? Scotty did have bad luck but could have played much better and more carefully.