Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 11:20 PM

Default Re: Greg Raymer is a suckout KING!!!

[ QUOTE ]
Without the backers he never would have had the BR to play in the WSOP.

I personally saw him won the seat on pokerstars from the $160 satellite, so I'm not so sure about your statement above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quoting verbatim from the article:

Asked if he had regrets having taken [the backers] on, Raymer answers without a moment of hesitation: "I'm happy. Without the backers I might not have been able to play in the Series."
Old 05-10-2005, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Im not sure about the whole arguement(i didnt read any post but I assume theres the whole good player/bad player arguement brewing),But I wish I was the suckout king instead of me.

[/ QUOTE ]

theres a reason why you should spend 3-5 minutes reading a thread before responding.

Phill
Old 05-10-2005, 12:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You're putting 2 + 2 together and getting 13.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he's just operating in Base 4 - didja ever think of that?
Old 05-10-2005, 01:11 AM

dont u know that saying anything bad about raymer or sklansky will bring these regulars in the forum to tears...what were u thinking be a good 2+2er and kiss there ass like everyone else in here.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
....accuracy is good.....and refreshing.....
nh, sir!!

[/ QUOTE ]

ty.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Without the backers he never would have had the BR to play in the WSOP.

I personally saw him won the seat on pokerstars from the $160 satellite, so I'm not so sure about your statement above.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was playing the satellites with the backers' money.
Old 05-10-2005, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
dont u know that saying anything bad about raymer or sklansky will bring these regulars in the forum to tears...what were u thinking be a good 2+2er and kiss there ass like everyone else in here.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was just an incredibly innacurate post. I wasn't kissing ass ... I was just wanting OP to support the statements he was making, which he obviously can't. I also gave him some constructive suggestions about learning about bankroll management which might keep him from posting a similar post again.

Certainly you could have picked a better series of posts to complain about the defensive nature of 2+2 when some of its own are criticized.

NCAces
Old 05-10-2005, 02:24 AM

50K to 15K at 150/300...its about a 117 BB downswing. I mean its a decent sized downswing, but yeah its even more significant if u are playing on a 50K roll.

Edit: Also as far as backers...he could be talking about pulling a ton of dough together to play in a ton of satellites. 160 a pop does add up. Dunno, I dont know why you would need backers for anything else as once u win the seat PS pays for the rest.
Old 05-10-2005, 05:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So he sold shares of himself for $500. In the year and a half before the WSOP his shares were up over 20% after costs and fees. After the WSOP he paid out $2.1 million to his shareholders, or $36,000 for each $500 share.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hows this work anyway?? Sell off shares of yourself at face value, as per percentage of net poker worth??

500 dollar shares, if he had a 15k bankroll means he could give out about 30 shares and if he sold these 30 shares and then doubled the 15k to 30k, he'd pay them a dividend of 750 back or something? The fact that Im currently taking an accounting class makes me sorta curious how the whole situation goes down
Old 05-10-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hows this work anyway?? Sell off shares of yourself at face value, as per percentage of net poker worth??

500 dollar shares, if he had a 15k bankroll means he could give out about 30 shares and if he sold these 30 shares and then doubled the 15k to 30k, he'd pay them a dividend of 750 back or something? The fact that Im currently taking an accounting class makes me sorta curious how the whole situation goes down

[/ QUOTE ]

Check out Greg's website FAQ.

Click on "8. I'm very interested as to the "IPO" you set up prior to the WSOP. Can you tell me about the deal you had with your backers?"