Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2004, 11:47 AM

Default Re: Can you say \"Big Pot\"?

yeah "big pot"

and you got lucky too

a maniac that limps and then raises like hell...hmmm it is very often aces isnt it ?
Old 11-23-2004, 11:49 AM

Say wah?!

5 players to the TURN (not flop). Pot is 23.5 BB.

Turn: 8

SB checks, UTG+1 bets, MP1 calls, I raise, SB calls 2 cold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls.

25.5:1 on a call here.

Against a LAG and calling stations who are just as likely to call down with any single diamond draw here, as well as a Q or an 8...I think you at the very least have a call...and if any of them are remotely weak-tight a turn raise may even push out a better hand (not an 8, but maybe a weak Q...albeit neither is very likely vs super calling stations).

Use UTG+1's LAG nature (could be betting/raising anything, any draw) and MP1s call on the turn (could be drawing to a single diamond flush or even straight correctly in a huge pot) and raise it. There is a chance you could have the best hand, and as UTG+1 slowed down on the turn raise, there is a good chance you'll get checked to on any river and get a free showdown.

Easy call at the least on the turn, but I think I like the raise better.
Old 11-23-2004, 11:59 AM

Why would I troll the forum? I come here to learn. If I'm wrong, that's fine.

Reasons to call/raise:
There is a small chance that I have the best hand on the turn. If I am behind, I am getting 23:1 odds to fill up. I also have flush outs which will win some of the time. If they even win 25% of the time, that adds a couple of more outs for me. Plus, if I raise someone may fold the best hand or one that would outdraw me on the river (yes, it does happen).

Reasons to fold:
There may be raise behind me. So what? There may not be a raise. Even if I call and there is a raise behind me I can still call one more bet.

Let me ask you this, if you were in the SB faced with calling two cold from a player who had raised on every street and you had K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] with a paired board and 3 diamonds on board , would you fold your top pair? Since you want me to fold my jacks, I think you might.
Old 11-23-2004, 12:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

On a side question-
do you bet the river if a blank falls and its checked to you?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a very intriguing question. Luckily, I didn't have to make that decision.

What would you do?
Old 11-23-2004, 12:26 PM

Check fo sho, uber thin river value bet...in fact its so thin I don't even see it. All drawing hands are going to fold out, and you are certainly getting popped by something bigger than your Js. You got your money in on the turn, take the free showdown.

Now getting bet into on the river and calling after raising the turn...that's an interesting question! :P Closing, in a ja huge pot, sure...crying call...but with others to act behind you...hrmmm. OK its probably not that interesting of a question! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]