Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Common Sense Internet Poker Rigged

Your still here?
Old 09-02-2004, 07:05 PM

Default Re: Common Sense Indeed - Don your asbestos underwear

Heretical opinions such as yours will not be tolerated here.

Almost no one will cotton to the slightest hint that online poker could be crooked. They are too wrapped up in the entire scene to be objective. Their entire lifestyle is called into question when the integrety of online poker is questioned. They reflexively defend it without reason or thought. So sad yet understandable.

I play online for my living yet have no doubt that a square deal is not the rule, it's the exception.

Uber-troll since 2004
Old 09-02-2004, 07:09 PM

are you frigging kidding? They lose money due to rake? are you just stupid? They get the rake, so if the bots play how do they lose money? OMFG. I won't even answer half the crap you said. It's too funny.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:10 PM

"the sites are making millions" does apply though. Most of us play most of our hands, and keep the majority of our rolls at these sites, not the podunk's.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:17 PM

Think of it this way. If you were married to Britney Spears (or insert whatever godess you most desire here), and she woke you up with a BJ every morning, snuck into your office at lunch everyday and Fcked your brains out, and then after dinner flung all the dishes off the table and made you take her anal every night. would you jeopordize that marriage by getting caught recieving a handjob from a bag lady in the park??

That would be the equivelant if a big pokersite was to "skim off the top" from the license they basically have to print money.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:18 PM

Funny thing is one of the most famous scams ever was the guy who skimmed microcents off of stock transactions. No one ever caught on to it until he took it too far. This was a guy making millions on top of millions already. So defend it as you will but don't underestimate human greed. If you can make more money, why not? There is no regulation for offshore so how would you prove it anyway? I think human intuition is enough. I personally like playing online and am up plenty of dough, however i know plenty of players who are terrible in real life, and I mean terrible who I play in cash games and they lose their shirt but are online winners. One guy even won a huge nl tourney online with thousands as the first place. He is the most garbage player I've ever met in my life. He has never even heard of Sklansky.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:22 PM

Default Poker Rigged in one easy step!

"How exactly would you do it? "

Here's how Party/Empire does it:

All pre-flop hands are entirely random as are the flops. Turn and river cards are designed to aid the underdog roughly 20% of the hands. One hand in 5 the card generator simple peeks at the coming turn or river card and only uses it if aids the underdog hand at the time.

This is very difficult to detect. I spent a lot of time researching this and I'm convinced. The effects are obvious. The better players are most often ahead on the flop. Taking their chips and giving them to the pigeons is a sure revenue generator, keeping them in action longer and increasing their amusement.

I still play at Empire when i can work off a bonus but I will risk no more than that sized bankroll on such an obviously corrupt site.

Uber-troll since 2004
Old 09-02-2004, 07:25 PM

Default Re: Poker Rigged in one easy step!

so you are telling me that the turn and river are rigged to come in for the underdog 20% of the time? hmmm....sounds alot like the odds for actually making your underdog hand. Or did I miss the part in HPFAP were they said "your flush and str8 draws will NEVER complete...unless you are playing at a rigged poker site"
Old 09-02-2004, 07:33 PM

Default \'Course Bill Clinton...

Bill, he'd be looking for the handjob.

Your analogy lacks understanding of compulsive and greedy human nature. Many people are really , really screwed up and some of them become President.

Uber-troll since 2004
Old 09-02-2004, 07:35 PM

Default Re: Poker Rigged in one easy step!

No, the underdog hand wins 20% more often than odds dictate.
Closed Thread