Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2003, 12:17 PM

Default Re: its official, israel runs america

Don't be such an objective observer, (read: "Anti-Semite,") which, we all know by watching television and films, is the same as being a "Hate Criminal," which is, in turn, the same thing as being Satan Himself.

Don't forget: Arabs don't hate the U.S. because of policy (because they're just cavemen, and don't know anything about politics and are just really mean and bad and have beards), they, ahem...

..."hate our Freedom."

Are people really this stupid? Seriously. Did they have a backroom meeting to come up with this line? And if so, did they REALLY say "You know what? That's perfect. Americans will definitely believe that the Arab world hates their freedom, so they strap bombs to themselves and blow themselves to pieces. The citizens of the United States of America ARE actually moronic enough to believe this thing which we have just agreed to tell them." ???????

How absurd. How ridiculous.

Oh wait. Never mind.

Old 11-15-2003, 12:20 PM

This is what is commonly known as a "strawman argument."

Old 11-15-2003, 12:45 PM

we supply israel with 3 billion or so a year. they do what we want along the track as far as nukes. they do what they want as far as self-survival.
the u.s. uses them just as they use us.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:32 PM

Default What\'s the use

"We supply Israel with 3 billion or so a year. [Israel does] what we want along the track as far as nukes [are concerned]."

Well, all Israel does is that it doesn't use them! Which is not such a big favor, come to think of it...

"The U.S. uses [Israel] just as they use us."

I'm with you --halfway! I agree that Israel uses the U.S., big time, too. But I do not know of any opportunity whereby Israel was "used" by America to advance American interests. (Only in minor cases, such as collection of intelligence abt Jordan or getting a double spy out of Russia. Small potatoes.) Nor do I know of any strategic advantage that Israel offers (or ever offered) to the United States. The country was not near the Communist-held region, either.

If anything, the presence alone of Israel, had destabilized the region. This is simply an objective, historical assessment. And American commitment to Israel, in its total and unqualified support of everything Israel does or wants, has turned almost all the countries in the region against the U.S. (Some folks suggest that Israel was used as "the policeman of America" in the region but this is absurd, on two counts : 1. A policeman that only uses a billyclub soon loses all credibility and Israel has zero diplomatic clout, it only bullies and attacks. 2. All Arab countries were always extremely anti-communist to begin with. Zero gain there. Perhaps even negative EV from pushing them to the embrace of the Soviet bear.)

So, where is the gain?? Where is the "use"? Exactly when and how was Israel of any use to the United States, as you suggest?

I'm looking at it from the strategic angle, not the moral one, you understand. The moral argument I've had up to here, all these years, and know it by heart, thanks.

--Cyrus
Old 11-15-2003, 03:39 PM

Default Still rubbing it in, I see

"Assuming this is true [and Israel runs America], what does that have to say about you all, if 5 million people 10,000 km away are controlling 250 million of you?? LOL"

Thanks. This is called "adding insult to injury".

Nice going.
Old 11-15-2003, 03:58 PM

Default I wish I was gay

I wish I was gay
That'd certainly make yer day

Not today -- I'm sorry to say
(Today, you are not even funny
And were I to come out an' play
You'd for sure get a hide on yer fanny)

I'd post more but, no, see, I'm lazy
Pretty please, go elsewhere an' sell crazy
Old 11-15-2003, 04:51 PM

Default Re: Still rubbing it in, I see

Hey, if you guys really believe this thats okay with me

I think its hilarious, personally.

I'm more inclined to beleive it's the other way around.

Have you ever been to Israel?
Old 11-15-2003, 05:00 PM

What does the US get from Israel for the 3billion plus? An ally that does exactly what for us?

Other than the one sided moral argument that is offered by children like Gamblor.
Old 11-15-2003, 05:04 PM

Default Kosher Big Mac with Cheese

Exactly when and how was Israel of any use to the United States, as you suggest?

Perhaps you've never been to Israel (which should come as no surprise to anyone who's ever read any of your posts).

Estee Lauder, Intel, and AOL all are heavily invested there.

And nearly every major restaurant chain.
Old 11-15-2003, 08:31 PM

Default Re: What\'s the use

well there are alot of gains from israel. one big one is that they are our eyes and ears over there. also their intelligence collecting is far superior to ours. and after the wmd thing it is all suspect, or lies for personal purposes.
but the major thing we get is that israel gets the blunt of the hatred of the middle east. when it could all come our way. so we supply them with money and they are on the front taking the energy away from those that would turn on us whenever they can. it sounds intangible but i believe the diversion of israel helps keep the storm down. and it makes those over there more fearful of the west if they are facing a combatant that is close by. of course the screwballs will find a way to make us miserable no matter what.

the biggest reason we give israel money is that much of our banking system and many industries like hollywood are run by jewish interests. its always all about money and power.