Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2005, 03:42 PM

Default Re: How do I get rid of my pregnant belly?

[ QUOTE ]
go running every day and occasional lifting (2-3 times a week)
eat better
only drink once or twice a week

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-17-2005, 03:43 PM

doing specific abs excercises will not target the fat around your stomach.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
There is no way to lose weight in a target area, despite many products' claim to the contrary.

Drink less alcohol. Eat healthy and exercise.

Calories in - Calories out = X

It's not rocket science.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the truth. And genetics determine where on your body the fat goes when in > out.
Old 07-17-2005, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I'm going on holiday in a month and want to get rid of it before then. I am not a member of a gym, nor do I wish to be.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck then. I would've suggested a pretty good mix of a weekly cardio/strength training workout for you along with a more leaned down protein to carb ratio diet to help you ease into a leaner body, but from the looks of this post and your attitude you probably will more likely gain a bigger gut by the time your holiday hits around than lose it.

Lawrence
Old 07-17-2005, 04:39 PM

is this even a real excersize?
Old 07-17-2005, 04:43 PM

But it will build muscle around your abdominal area, and muscle does burn fat. Spot reduction isn't possible, but spot production of muscle is.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:13 PM

This is something I had a lot of personal experience with battling weight etc as I was a fat teenager.

What I say below is pretty specific and will work without a doubt, but its not an all or nothing. Start off doing what you can when you can. Keep is simple and comfortable.

diet part-----
A calorie is a calorie is a calorie. Wrong.
Try try try to eat "cleaner". Lots and lots more lean protein - tuna, chicken.
Protein requires the most amount of energy to digest (known as the TEF / thermic effect of food). For every 100 calories of protein you eat you only get 75-80 in return. For every 100 calories of fat you eat you get 97 in return.

Lots and lots more good fat. Olive oil, almonds, peanut butter, pumpkin seeds, sesame oil.... to lose fat you have to be eating fat. Sounds strange I know, but you will be amazed at how much fat will curb your appetite. Try eating 3 spoonfuls of peanut butter for 300 calories versus a big 300 calorie bowl of plain oatmeal and see which one keeps you full longer. Its not even close...

The less fat you consume, the more your body will cling to its stores. Your body is designed to survive, not to look good in a mirror.

Carbs = energy, especailly important on lifting days. Try to eat almost all your carbs before late afternoon. Complex = good. Sweet potatoes are a great carb source and one of the healthiest foods on the planet. Oatmeal, oatbran, brown rice are good too. Plain these things suck, so have some sweetener, salt, cinnamon handy. I like to throw in a scoop of choc. protein to my oatmeal.

White or enriched flour products = more fat for you. I can google around and find you a study, or you can just take my word.

Smaller meals... kinda weird to get used to, but shoot for 5-6 meals per day. Its kinda nice in that you get to eat 'all the time'. If you have breakfast at 8 don't eat again until 10:30 or 11. Depending on job etc this can be a little tricky.

workout part----
Establish a 'routine' so that you are exercising 4-6 times per week BUT only shoot for 20-30 minutes at a time. Smaller workouts but with more frequency are good and easier to accomplish. Once I start a routine like this for ~10 days or so its very very easy to keep going. If I stop for 5 or 6 days its very very easy to stay stopped. You can take longer than 30 mins for weight lifting sessions, but it really depends on how much you dick around between sets.

Cardio on an empty stomach is crap. Its debated all over the internet but I can tell you from experience that you end up losing more muscle this way. The best cardio is to jog for a few minutes and sprint or run almost full out for 30-90 seconds until you have to stop. Jog or walk briskly for a few more minitues while you are sucking wind.

Do 6-8 of these and you will have taken about 20-30 minutes for your cardio session and will be using more of your fat stores than just running at the same pace. You will also experience a kind of high after one of these spring sessions, which is an added bonus.

Lift weights. This is so so so important. If you are new at this don't be intimitaded or shy about using lighter weights to get started. google for a lot more info or search for previous threads.

Don't feel motivated to work out some days? Coffee works wonders, and you'll be quite pleased at how much better a workout you will have with some caffeine in your system. Caffeine also works to free up some of that fat for energy.

PM me if you have any questions, I really listed a lot and not in the most organized fashion, but what I have said will work, and work well.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No shit Sherlocks.

Sorry, I didn't make my point clear. I was after specific exercises. Should I be jogging, sit-ups, what?

[/ QUOTE ]
Eat less you fat [censored] piece of [censored]. Get off your fat ass and go jogging [censored]. How can you make such a post then flame people for giving you legit advice??
Grow up
Old 07-17-2005, 05:39 PM

Cool. Negative replies give me a warm, fuzzy feeling in my bloated belly!

I'll do some running combined with what El D said. Plus I think I have some weights lying around in my grandma's garage. Thanks for the useful posts, AEKD and others.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Eat less you fat [censored] piece of [censored]. Get off your fat ass and go jogging [censored]. How can you make such a post then flame people for giving you legit advice??
Grow up

[/ QUOTE ]

Woah! Excellent. I'm not sure how anyone construes a light-hearted remark as a flame, but thanks for the kind words anyway.