Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Am I going to hell?
No, you're right, retards ARE funny 35 33.02%
You're on the Hell express 71 66.98%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-12-2005, 05:28 AM

Default Re: A further poll about prejudice and discrimination

In the first case it makes no difference to me. If the chance of the middle eastern guy being a terrorist is 1 in 100k, and the surfer dude at 1 in 1mil I really could care less. But if we know 1 is actually a terrorist than we are an 10:1 favorite for dying in a terrorist attack if we get on the middle eastern guy's plane, so I'd get on the surfer dude's plane.

-SmileyEH
Old 09-12-2005, 07:10 AM

Default Re: A further poll about prejudice and discrimination

[ QUOTE ]
The one who does not get hired will be adversely affected, as he will remain unemployed.

Do you still go with the white male, or do you now flip a coin?

[/ QUOTE ]
I do my job. If I'm instructed to be race blind regarding security risk, then I will be, and I'll flip a coin. If it's entirely up to me I pick the white male.

Before you start screaming from the rooftops, I'd also pick the black male over the middle eastern, the latino male over the middle eastern, the asian male over the middle eastern, in a job that had security aspects. I would flip a coin every time between white,black,latino,asian.

Plus the other problem is, if you hire a middle eastern, they all look the same anyway so a terrorist could pull a switcheroo and no one would be any wiser.